LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How long does it take to program a key?

Old 03-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
logcabinwc's Tacoma Gallery
How long does it take to program a key?

Hey all, I wanted to know how long it takes to program a key for my truck ('08) Ive heard some people have been charged for a full hour to hour and a half for labor for programing a key? that seems like bs to me.. my understanding is the trucks computer needs to be programed and paired to the key, as well the key needs to be programed. But i cant imagine that would take more than fifteen minutes of "labor"
any ideas? i just dont want the guy to come back and try and overcharge me
Thanks!
Old 03-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
ACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Adam
ACBWV91's Tacoma Gallery
Just do it yourself. I also have an 08 and found directions online. Plus it free.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
ACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of lightACBWV91 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Adam
ACBWV91's Tacoma Gallery
Try this...
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...nsmitters.html
Old 03-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #5
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Are you looking for the engine immbolizer programming or remote lock control programming??
uhhh.. pardon the noob-iness...
just a regular ignition key to turn the truck on and off... and drive it...
does that help? haha
Old 03-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #6
KCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud of

Firefighter: Retired
Name: Keith
KCin HBCA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by logcabinwc View Post
Hey all, I wanted to know how long it takes to program a key for my truck ('08) Ive heard some people have been charged for a full hour to hour and a half for labor for programing a key? that seems like bs to me.. my understanding is the trucks computer needs to be programed and paired to the key, as well the key needs to be programed. But i cant imagine that would take more than fifteen minutes of "labor"
any ideas? i just dont want the guy to come back and try and overcharge me
Thanks!

Go to acehardware.com and search for locations with keymaking. I got a spare key cut and programed there for $69. Way better deal than the dealer.

Hope this helps
Old 03-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCin HBCA View Post
Go to acehardware.com and search for locations with keymaking. I got a spare key cut and programed there for $69. Way better deal than the dealer.

Hope this helps
last time i tried that they said they only have the codes for models five years and older.. i guess i could try again.