1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

wierd accelerating...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by reece13, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Mar 15, 2012 at 2:56 PM
    reece13

reece13 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD sport, 6spd, 4wd
    Toytec Coilovers, Total Chaos uca's, Wheelers aal+Bilstein 5160's. 285/70/17's, Method Double Standards. Magnaflow exhaust, GrilleCraft grille, Allpro bumper,diff breather relocate, yellow wire mod, oil catch can, weathertechs.
    ok so was wanting some input on what my issue may be...
    I have a 2005 dclb v6 with the auto trans. When i accel from a dead stop under normal throttle, my truck seems to keep hesitating as it increases in speed, almost like its missing- it feels almost like my transmission keeps changing gears but i dont have an 18spd !!..wierd thing is that when its idling or under a heavy foot it doesnt do it. I have no CEL and i changed plugs at around 75k. the truck now has almost 117k on it. i would assume if it was a bad coil pack i would get a cel...its been doing this for a month or so, but isnt constant EVERY time..could it actually be bad plugs? or loose connection? input greatly appreciated

2. Mar 15, 2012 at 3:17 PM
    reece13

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Toytec Coilovers, Total Chaos uca's, Wheelers aal+Bilstein 5160's. 285/70/17's, Method Double Standards. Magnaflow exhaust, GrilleCraft grille, Allpro bumper,diff breather relocate, yellow wire mod, oil catch can, weathertechs.
    no..shifts fine. just like it did before..dont think this is a trans. problem. It honestly feels like a skip/miss, but i changed my plugs at 75k..and again, it does it more often than not under regular throttle..if my trans. had a problem when i did the flush, it wouldve done it long before now. Its been 6/7 months since i had the trans. flushed

3. Mar 15, 2012 at 3:19 PM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    your plugs have 40k miles on them.. i would start there since it needs to be done anyways

4. Mar 15, 2012 at 3:24 PM
    reece13

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    no, havnt touched the MAF sensor. I read about people cleaning them out and what not..would that help? or does that create more trouble than its worth...

Also, i know i have around 40k on the plugs, but do i REALLY need to change them again? They were gapped right and i used the Denso ones from Toyota...I usually go about 50k+ b4 i change plugs.

5. Mar 15, 2012 at 3:28 PM
    reece13

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    dont think its gas, but good point..I might go ahead and check out the MAF and maybe change the plugs for the hell of it.-even though i dont think thats it.
    thanx for the ideas

6. Mar 15, 2012 at 4:46 PM
    reece13

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    just an update...pulled out the throttle body and cleaned it good with brake clean and brush. then i took out the seconday air filter out since it had 116 thousand miles on it and also put in a new airfilter (even though mine wasnt that dirty)...no more problem..seems to run good now

Products Discussed in

To Top