Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How do you transport your 4 legged buddy?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #21
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
I think dogs deserve to ride in the cab.

Just put down a sheet or some towels if you are concerned about mud/dirt/drool.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #22
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by friction View Post

some dogs just don’t like it. friends dog still jumps around try’s getting in the front, barks like crazy!! sitting in the crate in the bed he does not even bark. just sits or lays down.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #23
puckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

puckstopper55's Tacoma Gallery
until I get Wet OK's for the back I just use 2 flat bed sheets to cover the seats. Not much else you can do when you have a large dog.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #24
Banned
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
sometimes I drive

sometimes he drives..

dont have one of her in the truck, but thought I would show her off..

but now with my new truck I dont let them in it.. we have the old beagle mix pictured and a black lab mix.. they are alwayse muddy and wet.. I added a snugtop, and a bedmat... they have sleeping bags in there and are good to go.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #25
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
TacoTabe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

My dogs love riding in the bed. Everytime I let them out the front door, they go straight to the back of the truck, hoping to go for a ride
Old 03-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #26
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Chewy sits Like this (butt in the seat, front paws on the floor, and head on the dash)

Or like this (sitting behind me with his head wedged between the seat and the pillar)

The smaller dog is my sister's dog. She's afraid of everything (takes anxiety meds for it) In that pic, we were driving through a thunderstorm and she got so freaked out she climbed on top of chewy.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #27
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Do you guys turn off your airbag for your dogs? I do, even for my 100 lb. rottie...is that the correct thing to do?
Old 03-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #28
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Do you guys turn off your airbag for your dogs? I do, even for my 100 lb. rottie...is that the correct thing to do?
I can't manually turn mine off in the DC. It automatically turns off if there is less than 100lbs in the seat I believe.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #29
flashsplat is just really niceflashsplat is just really niceflashsplat is just really niceflashsplat is just really nice
flashsplat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Bottom of the seat folds forward, then the back folds down. You have to remove the head rests for it to work.

I was able to do this. Thanks! I'll probably roll like this and throw a blanket back there for her to lay on.

Thanks for the instructions!
Old 03-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #30
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
I can't manually turn mine off in the DC. It automatically turns off if there is less than 100lbs in the seat I believe.
Same here, that's why I won't let my dog ride in the front seat. My airbag gets activated with a lot less than 100 lbs. I've had it turn on with just a book bag on the passenger seat.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Same here, that's why I won't let my dog ride in the front seat. My airbag gets activated with a lot less than 100 lbs. I've had it turn on with just a book bag on the passenger seat.
Mine usually shows it's off when he's riding in the front. I think it's because he sits with his butt in the seat and front legs on the floor. He weighs around 85 lbs so his full weight isn't in the seat. The seatbelt indicator light does come on though.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #32
rodney is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodney is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodney is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodney is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodney is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodney is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodney is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodney is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodney is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodney is one of the sharper tools in the shedrodney is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rodney's Tacoma Gallery
i do not agree with letting the dog ride in the bed. if you have an accident, or even stop short the dog can get hurt. not cool imho.

ok, off soapbox now...

i put a harness on my dog, and put them in the back, with the seatbelt through the harness. i think the harness was $20 from the pet store.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #33
swendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
swendling12's Tacoma Gallery
I got a shell for my truck just so I could safely transport my dog. I added a bedrug so it would give him traction and something soft to stand/lay on.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #34
forana will become famous soon enoughforana will become famous soon enough
forana's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, I like Chewy! Awesome dog.

I did a little research on this exact topic (some info from DOT sites) and I'll tell you what you should do, what's OK to do, and what you shouldn't do. This is from what I have found, and I tend to agree.

SAFEST/BEST: pretty much the consensus was the the best and safest place for a dog is in the truck bed in a travel approved crate that's properly secured. Its actually safer to have her there than in the cab.

OK: in the cab. But its recommended that you secure the dog with a proper dog harness attached to the seat belt. Its safe for the dog and humans. I know no one does this (I don't) but its what is recommended. Here in Hawaii we just had a bad car wreck in the news, one person died, because a dog distracted the driver.

WORST: in the bed. Even if your dog is secured with a leash it is the most dangerous place for a dog to be. The reasoning is that dogs are unable to grasp objects like humans can. I know people have put there dogs back there their whole lives without problems but it makes sense to me.

My dog loves to ride in the back seat and then put her front paws up on my center console. She'll stand there forever. But since I had a baby, she rides shotgun.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:42 PM   #35
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
This is what we use for our black lab.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=4075549

Works great! He loves the water and mud. Keeps the seats pretty clean with the exception of his hair. Sometimes I wish he was a damn hairless dog, oh well.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #36
MotorsportsAustin has a spectacular aura aboutMotorsportsAustin has a spectacular aura aboutMotorsportsAustin has a spectacular aura about
Name: Austin
MotorsportsAustin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashsplat View Post
I was able to do this. Thanks! I'll probably roll like this and throw a blanket back there for her to lay on.

Thanks for the instructions!
that's how I do it too, fold down the 66% side and put his bed on top of it. He can sit, lay, or stand and has room. Plus I can still put my stuff on the other single rear seat instead of in the bed when it's raining.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #37
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
He rides inside if its cold or raining but when its not i let him and he runs to the tailgate and waits on me lol
Old 03-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
He rides inside if its cold or raining but when its not i let him and he runs to the tailgate and waits on me lol
Just noticed you have an ICQ icon under your avatar...Is ICQ really still around? Wow, I haven't used it since I was like 13 (26 now).
Old 03-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #39
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery

This pic the drivers side back seat is still up, but it's usually down

There's been a few times where I've gone solo for long trips, and in those cases, I actually take out the passenger seat and let her sit there.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #40
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Just noticed you have an ICQ icon under your avatar...Is ICQ really still around? Wow, I haven't used it since I was like 13 (26 now).
That was there since i joined in 08 i believe ive never used it though lol

Products Discussed in this Thread