Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How do you transport your 4 legged buddy?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #41
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Back seat buddy--unless the dog likes the bed better--let the dog decide.
My lab LOVED the bed-REST her soul. still miss that dog--gone 3+ years.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #42
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 307th Expeditionary Sig BN
Name: Mike
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
This is how Cooper rides
Usually on his side though haha

Old 03-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #44
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish020 View Post
As the loving owner of 2 dogs...

that is still pretty funny.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #45
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
inside on a blanket.
or in back (rope across bed, clip in middle, cris cross harness. He stays right in middle of bed. Nose reaches back window but paws miss side, gate and cab.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #46
scotch is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
scotch's Tacoma Gallery
in this:

Old 03-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #47
XXXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
I recently heard of someone transporting their dog in a dog carrier, strapped to the top of their station wagon. They would travel long distances like this. I thought this was pretty f*cked up. I'll put dogs in the bed of my truck, but would not really be into strapping them to the roof of the family truckster like aunt edna. Just wondered what TW's thoughts were on this mode of transport?
Old 03-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #48
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgreentaco View Post
I recently heard of someone transporting their dog in a dog carrier, strapped to the top of their station wagon. They would travel long distances like this. I thought this was pretty f*cked up. I'll put dogs in the bed of my truck, but would not really be into strapping them to the roof of the family truckster like aunt edna. Just wondered what TW's thoughts were on this mode of transport?
I don't like the roof idea.

I don't think my 75# Charlie would let me put him up there a second time and if dog is small what would the point be.

In the bed if fine as long as dog is secured properly and you have a bed mat to keep him from slipping.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #49
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdpowell View Post
inside on a blanket.
or in back (rope across bed, clip in middle, cris cross harness. He stays right in middle of bed. Nose reaches back window but paws miss side, gate and cab.

That's awesome! I would do the same to mine but the wife won't let me put him in the bed. So she ends up being the one who cleans up the back seat.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #50
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
I can't get him to put his seat belt on so I have to put up with the buzzer for awhile. I have another one just a little bit smaller she rides behind the seat on a shelf I made over the rear jump seats. If I get out of the truck all bets are off as to who is going to be in the front when I get back.
Attached Thumbnails
How do you transport your 4 legged buddy?-passanger.jpg  
Old 03-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #51
jbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the roughjbrenn is a jewel in the rough
jbrenn's Tacoma Gallery
once i tell him you cant drive you dont have thumbs, he moves to the passengers seat. I dont turn off the air bags because hes only about 55 pounds.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #52
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
I bought one of these. http://www.petco.com/product/112611/...3-001b2166c2c0

I love it! Mine is a bit different though, zips in the middle so a human passenger can ride along side if needed.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #53
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Picking up a new puppy this weekend from 200 miles away. My 87 4Runner isn't reliable enough to go that far, so the pup will be in the backseat of my STi with a bed sheet and a ton of towels protecting the seat.

After that, he'll be in a kennel that will be strapped down in the cargo area of the 4Runner. As much as I'd love to have my dog ride in the front seat with me, he's in a lot worse shape in a wreck than I would be if he's out and about in the cabin.

Even in a kennel, he'd probably get a little hurt inside the kennel in a wreck. But at least that way he's not busting through any glass or coming in contact with sharp metal.

If you guys are worried about them being cold inside a kennel in the bed of your truck, get one of these:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunti...3Bcat103966380

OR, if you're a hunter, get this one and use it as a dog blind in the field (if you feel like hauling that heavy kennel around:
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunti...3Bcat103966380
Old 03-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #54
Reads more than posts
sofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
sofiasdad11's Tacoma Gallery
"i have a friend that was born with 4 legs"

lol, sorry, but that first line was the funniest thing have heard today. i simply throw an old blanket across the backseat, stuff it into the horizontal crease between the seatback and seat itself so it doesn't move, and let mine ride in style. after 10 minutes they tend to settle down anyway and just lay back there. that is of course until you unroll a window...........
Old 03-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #55
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
YFZ, that sig is creepy as hell.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #56
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
Safely hooked up to some cable in the bed!!

Old 03-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #57
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSR5TACO View Post
This is my custom set up. I only use it when my dog really dirty or i need the back area for movin stuff.

Fricken awesome... I need me one of those... Seriously
Old 03-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #58
forana will become famous soon enoughforana will become famous soon enough
forana's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhed61 View Post
Safely hooked up to some cable in the bed!!

that dog looks happy!!
Old 03-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #59
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah dude, that is really really cool, you could make a little something off those. I have a Jack Russel now, but my next dog is a English Springer, and i will need one of those for sure after bird hunting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSR5TACO View Post
This is my custom set up. I only use it when my dog really dirty or i need the back area for movin stuff.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #60
hansdoward is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
hansdoward's Tacoma Gallery
wish i could post pics, just don't have the equipment yet. Anyway, I made a 1x12 platform to level out the back with the seats up. Then I stapled outdoor rug from lowes (36"x60")on the platform so it rides the rest of the way up the folded up seats. It doesn't cover all the exposed seat bottoms or any of the head rests but. I do have vacuums(shopvacs). The fold down front seat in the access cab is the best. I have a dog whom loves to ride sitting on it, so, I cut a peace of carpet and glued it to the plastic part overlapping the rest of the seat back. I have two fullsized dogs(a rotty and a pit chow mix) we travel together all over and they have plenty of space to move about.

Products Discussed in this Thread