Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How do you transport your 4 legged buddy?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
flashsplat is just really niceflashsplat is just really niceflashsplat is just really niceflashsplat is just really nice
flashsplat's Tacoma Gallery
How do you transport your 4 legged buddy?

I have a friend that was born with 4 legs, and he can't sit comfortably in the front seat.. Lol, jk.

I usually make my dog ride in the bed of the truck, but that's on short little 10-20 minute trips. I'm about to drive for about an hour and a half and I'm thinking about letting her sit in the back of my brand new 2012 4D Taco.

She's a black lab. I really don't want her slobbering all over everything (I've had this truck for like 2 days lol..), but I'm not sure i want her to suffer in the back either...

Any suggestions? Should i just stop being a baby and let her sit back there? Or should i throw her in the back where she 'belongs'.

Any suggestions would be awesome.

EDIT: Also, i wasn't sure where to put this thread, so please move it if necessary..

Thanks,
-Flashy
Old 03-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #2
j0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shedj0sh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

j0sh's Tacoma Gallery
He transports me
Old 03-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
silver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
silver taco's Tacoma Gallery
I use one of those travel crates in the bed of the truck with tie downs.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #4
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver taco View Post
I do the same thing with my Lab. she really enjoys the mud and water so keeping her inside the cab is out of the question
Old 03-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
flashsplat is just really niceflashsplat is just really niceflashsplat is just really niceflashsplat is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0sh View Post
He transports me
Lol, awesome photo. We also have 2 Shi 'Tsu's.. we usually let them sit at my wifes feet.

We're going to a drive in theater...
Old 03-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #6
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.C.
Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery

my dogs are only 20 lbs each.. no prob in the back seat
Old 03-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I tip up the bottom of the rear seat, remove the head rest and fold the seat back down. I then cut a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet to fit in front of the rear seat storage cubby, on top of the now flat seat back and up the bottom of the seat bottom. The head rests mount into the seat bottoms when folded up so I cut little holes in the carpet and the headrests holds the carpet in place.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver taco View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capita View Post
I do the same thing with my Lab. she really enjoys the mud and water so keeping her inside the cab is out of the question
Not a bad idea. In my last truck while she was still a pup I would often tie her leash to one of the tiedowns.. or she'd just crawl under the toolbox.

I think the crate idea is a good one...
Old 03-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #9
gbjr78 is on a distinguished road

Name: Gary
gbjr78's Tacoma Gallery
Rock the back seat man. just invest in a Dyson animal or a good shop vac. good thing the trd sport upholstery is dark.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #10
Well dangit i wunna show my dog off too! :P

How much would one of those mats cost you? She's really good at staying put where i tell her. She'd probably curl up into a ball in the seat if i told her too..

She's actually a Lab/Shepard mix..
Old 03-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #11
Thorpedo26 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon Thorpe
Thorpedo26's Tacoma Gallery
I had my pups in the back yesterday and I now either have a 'skid' mark or mud on my seat. Crates in bed or bed top
Old 03-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #12
Tacoafloat will become famous soon enough

Coast Guard: SN
Name: Bo
Tacoafloat's Tacoma Gallery
I fold my back seats down flat and she just sits on that, that way she isnt burnin up in the bed on those nice FL days. Easy clean up too, vacuum it up
Old 03-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #13
First Tacoma 2011 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bruce
First Tacoma 2011's Tacoma Gallery
He gets the front seat and the wife gets the back seat....

He will ride in the back seat if me and my wife are in the truck.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #14
I can't seem to get mine to fold flat? They have rubber back there so you would think that they can.. hrmm.. i'ma go try again..

you got the 4D right?
Old 03-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Tacoma 2011 View Post
He gets the front seat and the wife gets the back seat....

He will ride in the back seat if me and my wife are in the truck.

Lol, now that's funny :P
Old 03-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #16
I ski I work I'm rad
Steezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud ofSteezyskis has much to be proud of
Name: Spencer
Steezyskis's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 75-80lb yellow lab/Siberian husky. He gets shotgun almost everytime. Unless it's really long trips then he'll lay down in the back seat. But I got some good seat covers so wet I dun mind. But muddy. He gets the bed. Seat covers would be my suggestion tho and a towel I always carry one just in case he rolls in something or gets extremely dirty.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #17
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashsplat View Post
I can't seem to get mine to fold flat? They have rubber back there so you would think that they can.. hrmm.. i'ma go try again..

you got the 4D right?
Bottom of the seat folds forward, then the back folds down. You have to remove the head rests for it to work.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #18
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
TacoTabe's Tacoma Gallery
Like this:
Old 03-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #19
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
this is my friends dog. but we are taking him to training, and we do this.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #20
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
logcabinwc's Tacoma Gallery
i usually just have her roll around the back seat, but if shes dirty ill throw a towel done. she knows not to get the truck to dirty or i would be upset.
heres a pic, she may not be in the truck but shes still a good looking dog!
Attached Thumbnails
How do you transport your 4 legged buddy?-photo.jpg  

Products Discussed in this Thread