1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Overhead Console Install

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by patrickockander, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Dec 14, 2008 at 10:49 AM
    patrickockander

patrickockander [OP] Say What?

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    TACOMA TRD Offroad version 4x4
    Supercharged, Hood Lift-struts, Borlas, 2-tone Leather, Husky Liners, 16" Completely rewired audio system, Components front/rear, Dbl Limo Tint, 2-din JVC KWNX7000BT (DVD+GPS), TRD CAI, disabled seatbelt alarm, E3 Plugs, Halo Headlights, Tuck-in style Rain guards, dealer sticker removed, Step rail,
    I've got an '08 Tacoma which did not come standard with the computerized overhead console. I recently purchased one that comes with the compass sensor but without the wiring.

I am wondering if anyone has done this upgrade yet, and if so could they shed some light on the process.

Is it possible that the harness is already prewired? Or is the wiring of this unit sure to be a pain in the butt?

Any advice would greatly help.

Thanks,
    Pat

2. Dec 14, 2008 at 12:08 PM
    patrickockander

patrickockander [OP] Say What?

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    TACOMA TRD Offroad version 4x4
    Supercharged, Hood Lift-struts, Borlas, 2-tone Leather, Husky Liners, 16" Completely rewired audio system, Components front/rear, Dbl Limo Tint, 2-din JVC KWNX7000BT (DVD+GPS), TRD CAI, disabled seatbelt alarm, E3 Plugs, Halo Headlights, Tuck-in style Rain guards, dealer sticker removed, Step rail,
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll update this thread once I do the swap and let everyone know if it's pretty straightforward or not.

I appreciate your help

3. Dec 14, 2008 at 2:01 PM
    sammy

sammy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    '09 4X4 Reg. Cab, Debadged Barcelona Red
    seat belt chime inter. wipers debadged canvas top (Bestop)
    so all of the wires are there for the console? along with the wires for the back-up camera. I'd be interested in doing this also and would like to also know if there are any kind of mounting brackets up there too.

4. Dec 14, 2008 at 6:14 PM
    Marc M

Marc M Dirty White Boy

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Washington, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD O/R Dbl-Cab
    TRD Cat-Back, TRD CAI, 3" Lift, ATX Chambers, Color matched Grille and Door Handles, Scooped Hood, GrillCraft upper and lower, DTRL, Foglight Mod, Redline Hood Struts, 20% Tint all around, SGII, Blacked out dash, Extang Full-Tilt, etc, etc, etc.

You will need to purchase the temp sensor that goes on the rad support for the temp gauge to work.

Marc M

5. Feb 5, 2009 at 8:45 PM
    kevinva

kevinva Active Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab SR5 4x4 Longbed

Products Discussed in

To Top