Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

stock spare wheel with 285 tire

Old 03-17-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
stock spare wheel with 285 tire

does anyone know if you can put a 285/75r16 tire on the stock spare wheel without scrubbing?
Old 03-17-2012, 10:07 PM   #2
BrewDawg is on a distinguished road
BrewDawg's Tacoma Gallery
bubba knows all about scrubbing!
Old 03-17-2012, 10:13 PM   #3
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
It'll rub on the front UCA but will get you home.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #4
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 285 on my spare rim under my truck . . You just have to cut of two brakets that guide the tire.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
continuing this thread instead of making a new one...

I'm finally going to go with a full size spare to mount in the bed of my 2.7L 4x4 truck (don't know if my stock spare wheel is any more narrow compared to a 4.0L for example - my truck came stock with 245s I think).

Will a 285/75/16 work on my spare wheel without any problems? And anyone know how wide my spare wheel is? I think the spare wheel is only 7" wide.

I'm running 305s on all four corners with aftermarket 8" wide wheels but I doubt a 305 will fit the stock spare (if it is only 7" wide) plus I imagine I would have more rubbing complications due to more backspacing. That's why I'm considering going with the 285 since it is the same diameter, just more narrow.

Thanks guys. And if it's gonnna be too much trouble, I'll just get an aftermarket wheel also and go with a 305.