Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 Grillcraft mesh grills -- Coming Soon!

Old 03-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
munkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

munkeeboi's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Grillcraft mesh grills -- Coming Soon!

Just got done test fitting for Grillcraft for their new mesh grill for the 2012. These will be going into production and should be on sale in the near future (mid april). The msrp on the upper $212.00. Msrp on the lower $131.00. The upper and lower are separate (no picture of that installed).

This was a test grill and I'll post more pictures after it get's installed with my White grill surround.

NEW PICS

Old 03-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #2
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkeeboi View Post
Just got done test fitting for Grillcraft for their new mesh grill for the 2012. These will be going into production and should be on sale in the near future (mid april). The msrp on the upper $212.00. Msrp on the lower $131.00. The upper and lower are separate (no picture of that installed).

This was a test grill and I'll post more pictures after it get's installed with my White grill surround.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #6
Policy Ninja
tango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
tango down's Tacoma Gallery
f#ck YES! That looks great...and can i get on a list or something? I want in firsties
Old 03-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #8
Alloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to behold

Alloutdrs1's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! I cant wait, maybe us 2012 guys could try and work with grillcraft on a group buy for these.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #9
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
$212??? Lol no thanks, ill cut my own.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #10
munkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shedmunkeeboi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

it is MSRP....price will always be lower once released. I can try to arrange for a Group buy if there is enough interest.

There a bunch of compound curves that didn't exist with the old grill which makes it more difficult to DIY. I'm sure it can be done, but I'm just saying that it is not as easy as the 2005-2011 grills.

keep the comments coming

I don't work for or have any affiliation with Grillcraft. I just responded to an open call for test fitters in So cal (posted by truckalter) and liked what I saw.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #11
Mts49 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tyler
Mts49's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, BUT I'd like to see a Satoshi or Homeroshi first...

Is this a replacement or do you have to chop your stock grill to fit the Grillcraft?
Old 03-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #13
jdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of light
jdm.obp's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet!!! That looks awesome
Old 03-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #14
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
saw this at Anaheim Toyota

Old 03-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #15

believe that is made by TREX and were the first ones to come out with a mesh grill for the 2012. It has a solid border where the grillcraft does not.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:00 AM   #16
Policy Ninja
tango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
tango down's Tacoma Gallery
ill look up trex, as I want a different grill asap, but if its too much or unavailable, Id be in for the GB if we do one.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:44 AM   #17
Civil Servant
floridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
floridaoccifer's Tacoma Gallery
Wow $212 and we have to chop our grill... sorry but not interested.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #18
tranceporter is on a distinguished road
Name: Rishi
tranceporter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tranceporter Send a message via Yahoo to tranceporter
Does just sit over the OEM grille?
Old 03-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #19
J Veezy is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
J Veezy's Tacoma Gallery
Munkee.. I'd likely be in on a GB, I'm definitely a fan of this look.

Like the others, I'm curious about how it gets installed. Sounds like we'd just be buying the mesh insert and that it'd more or less be a DIY to chop our existing surrounds and install them. Correct?

The last I heard, Homer was working on other projects before the 2012 grill (although his 2nd Gen work needs no introduction on TW) and the DIY's I've seen so far don't look as clean as what you've got there, so I'd be willing to pay a certain price to avoid figuring it all out myself. Just want to be clear about what I have to do to get it on.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:17 PM   #20

for the main grill, 90% of the grill will need to be cut out. there will be no bondo or epoxy needed as the mesh covers the entire opening.

Aside from the mesh. there is a welded hoop along the backside edge to add back rigidity to the grill since the grill cavity is pretty large

It's not for everyone, but for those that do like it, I just looked up the Trex grills and they cost around $350 (upper) and $190 for the lower, so the grillcraft is a cheaper option for those that can wait

If you can fabricate your own mesh grill for cheaper than $200, more power to you.