Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

VSC Issue with new 33" tires, Spidertrax and 3" spacer lift

Old 03-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #1
cehensley is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
cehensley's Tacoma Gallery
VSC Issue with new 33" tires, Spidertrax and 3" spacer lift

Just got back from my Toyota dealership service center trying to determine if they know of any issues related to a strange issue I've recently noticed. Three different times now, all within moderate speeds I have felt something "kick-in" randomly and for no reason. The thing kicking in... something in my steering like someone quickly vibrated the steering column. I'm fairly certain the VSC has kicked in and even beeped. Problem is that three times lately that's happened when no wheels were at risk of slipping. Today when it happened aI was going 35 around a sweeping curve and suddently it seemed to activate in my front left tire and beeped 3 or four times rapidly.

The dealership says there's nothing wrong because no warning lights are lit up so they didn't even run diagnostics. ABS seems to be working. But I'm pretty certain that one or the other front tire has done this to me 3 times now since doing my modest suspension upgrades. Has anyone heard of such a thing?
Old 03-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #2
Toyota Dealer Technician
1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
1GR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to 1GR
Go back to your dealer, ask them to perform a zero point calibration. It may or may not help you. But do to the mods you have, vsc may *think* you are slipping, and activate itself. Probably to do with cornering and the wheel speeds picking up different then engine/vehicle speed. Hard to explain unless you understand all of the sensors involved.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Copy the pdf file from the first post of this thread and take it to your dealer and have them recalibrate your VSC

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...sc-answer.html

It's a common result of lifting and bigger tires
Old 03-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
Toyota Dealer Technician
1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1GR's Tacoma Gallery
You should just be able to say zero point calibration, and they should understand. If they don't, find a new dealer. I do this on a regular basis to lifted Taco's, 4Runners, and Tundras.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GR View Post
You should just be able to say zero point calibration, and they should understand. If they don't, find a new dealer. I do this on a regular basis to lifted Taco's, 4Runners, and Tundras.
My dealer said there was no way to do it until I showed the tech the file from the above thread . Finding another dealer in my vicinity is not an option
Old 03-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #6
Toyota Dealer Technician

1GR's Tacoma Gallery
I deal with most of them at my dealer, so I don't ask for it. I already have that information. I don't know why your dealer is being so anal about it.