Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

looking for double din dash kit..

Old 03-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
looking for double din dash kit..

which is the more durable double din dash kit? Scosche, Metra, or some other brand i don't know about?

currently i have the Scosche kit but the mounts broke making the radio flop around.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
Bought Tacoma & signed up here as fast as I could!
BRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: El Conquistador
BRYLONATOR's Tacoma Gallery
First you need to make sure that you use the factory metal brackets so that the radio is mounted properly. Actually....this may not work on all radios but you should check as this is the proper way to install it. Second is that I have a pretty new metra kit that I could sell you! Everyone has a different experience with both kits.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #4
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRYLONATOR View Post
First you need to make sure that you use the factory metal brackets so that the radio is mounted properly. Actually....this may not work on all radios but you should check as this is the proper way to install it. Second is that I have a pretty new metra kit that I could sell you! Everyone has a different experience with both kits.
with the metra kit i can use the stock metal brackets right? the scosche kit uses their own plastic brackets..those plastic brackets suck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedlinAround View Post
Got a single din i'll sell ya! Lol
i like the double din kit since its a good way to mount my 2meter radio

Old 03-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #5
BRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

[QUOTE=MonkeyProof;4766919]with the metra kit i can use the stock metal brackets right? the scosche kit uses their own plastic brackets..those plastic brackets suck!!

yes....I will make sure for you in 10 minutes
Old 03-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #6
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Yes on the metal brackets on Metra.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #7

thank you sir! You just helped me finish being lazy for at least another hour!
Old 03-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #8
fenway.park27 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Command Post
Name: Al
fenway.park27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
with the metra kit i can use the stock metal brackets right? the scosche kit uses their own plastic brackets..those plastic brackets suck!!

i like the double din kit since its a good way to mount my 2meter radio

I like the way you mounted your 2M rig. I have a FT-8800R that I would like to mount in my rig. What brand of dash kit did you go with?
Old 03-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #9
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenway.park27 View Post
I like the way you mounted your 2M rig. I have a FT-8800R that I would like to mount in my rig. What brand of dash kit did you go with?
currently i have the schosche kit..but it's broken. so thats why i made this topic to see if there is something more durable then that kit. seems the Metra kit will be better suited to hold both the 2meter and cd player/radio since you can use metal brackets and instead of plastic brackets which is used by the schosche kit!

im going to be ordering a Metra kit tonight..as soon as i find the cheapest place to order from