1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Are Wet Okoles good for dog owners?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Flyin' Squirrel, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Dec 15, 2008 at 8:01 AM
    Flyin' Squirrel

Flyin' Squirrel [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, Tx
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 Longbed 4X4
    TRD Sport, 3" Revtek suspension lift, Borla exhaust, AFE Pro Dry filter, Westin chrome nerf bars, Moto Metal chrome rims, limo tinted rear windows, Devil Horns grill emblem, extra bed D-rings
    I've got two dogs that I love to take on outdoor adventures with me all the time. The problem is that I have to keep the rear seats of my double cab covered with blankets and sheets to keep the mud, water and dirt off. I was thinking about getting a full set of wet okoles, but am a little concerned that the dog's claws might tear up the neoprene material. Any dog owners have personal experience with these seat covers? How do they hold up? Is cleaning them an issue?

2. Dec 15, 2008 at 8:28 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    They hold up just fine. I havent had a dog tear one yet. they clean up really easilly too. :)

3. Dec 15, 2008 at 8:35 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    I'd still choose to have a blanket over my wet okoles. It's easier to throw a blanket in the washer than to wash the seats.

I bet they would hold up fine though. The neoprene is stretchy. Also with hair on the WO covers, a lint brush cleans that up quickly.

4. Dec 15, 2008 at 8:49 AM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    I need to look into those. I tend to shed.

5. Dec 15, 2008 at 9:25 AM
    Basshunter

Basshunter Idaho

Member:
    Check out the marathon seat covers. I installed front and back and they are bullet proof with 2 Labs during hunting season. marathonseatcovers.com

6. Dec 15, 2008 at 10:45 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    when I had my Tundra with the cover I use to take the Rot on trips, he sat in the front like a regular person. Never had any issue, and true about the hair idea, I just took tape and wrapped my had a few times (sticky side up) cam right off.
    The cloth seat, HA ended up looking like a porky-pine.

7. Dec 15, 2008 at 5:25 PM
    santacruzer

santacruzer Active Member

Member:
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Double Cab TRD
    My dog travels with me a lot as well, and I didn't want to just cover the back seats. Also, they're just a little too "bouncy" and small for him (60 lb Norwegian Elkhound). I built this platform to fit in when the back seats are down. It has a rear lid for the back storage compartment, so that's pretty easy to access. Does make getting at the under-seat compartments a little harder, and there's no room behind the front seats. The green towel does double duty...protects the seat edges AND is there for when he gets muddy. It's pretty simple construction: 1/2 inch plywood, a 48" piano hinge, some indoor/outdoor carpet from Home Depot, and rubber buttons to keep it from rattling. You do need something to keep the back panel from flopping forward, haven't perfected that yet, other than the "plug" that you see. It's light enough to be taken out and tossed in the bed when I have two-legged passengers going in the back seats.

platform 1.jpg
    platform 2.jpg
    platform 3.jpg
    platform 4.jpg

8. Dec 15, 2008 at 5:54 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Dude, I think this is just what I was looking for, but never thought about building a platform! I had always thought about a "fitted" slip cover for my two dogs.

Can you take some larger pics?

Thanks!

9. Dec 15, 2008 at 6:56 PM
    e-rok

e-rok Well-Known Member

Member:
    Gunnison, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2009 Timberland Mica Double Cab Tacoma 4x4
    Nice, I like that!!

10. Dec 16, 2008 at 1:45 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    I have Wet Okole and a 90lb mutt who rides on the back seat. They have no tears/snags/rips after about a year of use. They clean easily and I use a lint roller for the hair. I did the blanket thing for years and it always fell down and hair always got through it and stuck into the seats. I love these covers and wouldn't go back to anything else.

11. Dec 16, 2008 at 5:56 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    My WOs work well with Simon. Since he loves to hike/swim in all conditions & those 4" legs make him low to the ground hence he gets pretty dirty. The padding make them so comfy after all that exercise & the console cover keeps scratches off the top & doubles as a pillow.

[​IMG]

12. Dec 16, 2008 at 8:52 AM
    santacruzer

santacruzer Active Member

Member:
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Double Cab TRD
    I'll try posting up some larger pics tonight after work. I resized them to fit the forum regs, guess I went too small! Or you can PM me with an e-mail address and I'll send 'em directly to you.

Added benefit...this platform also fits precisely in my GF's Corolla back seat, so she uses it also.

Even with the platform, seat covers are a good idea. I just haven't decided which ones yet.

Products Discussed in

To Top