1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 Tacoma Hit and Run!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Surfside77, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Mar 23, 2012 at 9:33 AM
    Raddbus

Raddbus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Santa Maria
    Vehicle:
    TRUE BLU TACO
    Illuminated 4X4 switch, 3" lift,
    Better hope the police catch them first. I'm my state of mind, i may do something I will regret. :smash: :infantry:

2. Mar 23, 2012 at 3:04 PM
    Warputer

Warputer Dirt Road Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Lake Murray, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    9" of Super Bro lift
    Small world....we're both from Columbia & love Edisto. I'm headed there again in June.

3. Mar 23, 2012 at 3:48 PM
    Raddbus

Raddbus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Santa Maria
    Vehicle:
    TRUE BLU TACO
    Illuminated 4X4 switch, 3" lift,
    Got home from work, used some rubbing compound & some elbow grease. Can't hardly see the damage, about a 1/16 of an inch crease about a foot long on the drivers side passenger door. I feel lucky, cooled have worse. I really hate idiot drivers that don't respect other people's property. Best of luck to u

4. Mar 23, 2012 at 4:50 PM
    HandBanana

HandBanana Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Washington
    January this year my then only 2 month old 2012 got rear-ended at a stop sign. It was snowing out, but there wasn't much on the ground. I was waiting to take a left while another car was going and some guy loses control and hits me from behind. His front end looked like it was blown up with a small explosive, I left with just a small dent and some cracks in the plastic on my bumper. Since the damage was so little and his insurance is gay (nationwide), no one did anything about it. Ah well, I was planning on replacing the bumper anyways.

5. Mar 23, 2012 at 9:20 PM
    TACWUT

TACWUT Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    12 prerunner DC
    Flowmaster turndown, 5100 up front/5150 rear, maxtrac spindles, 2" tuff country add a leaf+TSB.
    N to the other poster who said it was stupid to confess too n do, lol Its my ride so Its not like I did it to a strangers car n bolted. Anyway, we were drunk and playing with the hacky sack n i tried kicking that sucker over the car to her bro n bam! She knows it was me she was there. I just want the op to understand that anything can happen cause yesterday was one week with that car :(

6. Mar 23, 2012 at 9:46 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    I wasn't talking to you at all bro, you're a few posts up. I was watching another members back cuz he said some stuff in his, albeit understandable, rage ha

Hacky sack story reminds me of a place I cooked at in high school. We were always kicking things over.

7. Mar 23, 2012 at 9:48 PM
    TACWUT

TACWUT Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    12 prerunner DC
    Flowmaster turndown, 5100 up front/5150 rear, maxtrac spindles, 2" tuff country add a leaf+TSB.
    :eek:No worries I didnt take any offense but I did think you had eeplied to my situation.

8. Mar 25, 2012 at 6:22 PM
    InfamousTonyTaco7714

InfamousTonyTaco7714 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Wilkes, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 DCSB 4x4 Timberland Mica
    Borla Catback, 6 inch Pro Comp Stage 1 17x9 Matte Black XD Revolvers, 285/70/17 Radar Renegade R7, Pioneer Double Din, Iron Cross Side Steps, Tactical Armor Group Front Bumper, ARE MX series camper shell, Geared 4.10
    My first scratch of my truck was on my passenger door. My friend, needless to say he isnt the brightest bulb in the box, tried to dukes of hazard into the window and didnt exactly jump in time...but it didnt bother me too bad. Better him then some random idiot. My trucks got lots of scratches on it. But hey, its a truck and the first scratch just takes the new off of it :D

9. Mar 25, 2012 at 11:15 PM
    TacoMaster83

TacoMaster83 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM 4.0V6 DCSB Prerunner/TRD Off
    I know how you feel. Found a ding the size of a quarter on the rear passenger door one day after work. It was only the second week after I drove my new 2012 double cab off the showroom floor :(

10. Mar 25, 2012 at 11:18 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    You made em take the one out of the showroom too eh? :D made me smile seeing every employee cringe at the guys playing Tetris with all the cars and the rubber squeaking on tile

11. Mar 28, 2012 at 5:38 PM
    Haskett039

Haskett039 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Alpine White
    Had my brand new White 2012 TRD Sport for 3 days ( 351 kms ), driving it into work for the first time a Deer ran out from the ditch, head butted the side fo the truck, then turned around and ran away. Now i have a nice head sized dent and Deer hair stuck in the trim for the rear tire well !

12. Mar 28, 2012 at 7:16 PM

1980 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dust Bowl
    LOL, he probably ran back and told all the does what a stud he was -- "look what I scared off!"

13. Mar 28, 2012 at 7:35 PM
    Captarm

Captarm Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Armand
    Maine and Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 Silver/Black, Tinted windows
    Leather Arm Rest Firestone Ride-rite K&N oil air Filter Wet Okole Black/Gray w heated seats Alpine CDE-123 receiver w Blue tooth,MP3,USB port AP Rock-sliders Viper Auto starter, should have gotten with alarm Anytime Fogs NOKYA7626 yellow lights Muth Heated, Signal Mirror Leer Cap Silver stream line top Differential Breather Mod
    Man that really suck. I just washed and wax mine 2010 and some AH ran into the rear bumper. Big dent. Lesson learned, don't wash and wax your truck

14. Mar 28, 2012 at 8:14 PM
    undermoneyed

undermoneyed aka Alley Opp,

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    B.C., Canada
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD
    totally stock
    Hours after I bought my truck on Sat., a guy on a bike, who was looking at his Black Berry, slammed into the back of my truck. He cracked my rear tail light, scuffed the plastic pad on the bumper with a mini dent in the quarter panel. Man was I pissed off. He had not one piece of ID on him, all he could do was email me with his Black Berry to confirm who he was. He gave me his name and address which I confirmed using google and found his house was for sale. I definitely felt doubtful that he would pay although he gave me the impression of being an honest person.
    I emailed him the bill and he paid me in cash 2 days later. My faith in most of humanity would still have remained intact, but he did reinforce it.
    Mark

15. Mar 29, 2012 at 2:51 AM
    cwsenn

cwsenn Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carroll
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    10 SR5 4x4
    Leer cap, Pop-n-Lock tailgate lock, Upgraded sound system JVC Nav system, Dealer installed rear springs. TRD Intake. Running Boards
    Make it three for Columbia and Edisto. Go for a week every July, since the 70's.
    Best beach in SC and maybe the east coast, except my beloved Cape Lookout National Seashore.

Products Discussed in

To Top