Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ABS/ VSC lights on after LSD diff swap

Old 03-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
ABS/ VSC lights on after LSD diff swap

So, I replaced my diff with a 2006 Tundra diff with 3.9 gears and LSD. After driving around since Monday I havn't had a problem until today.

Today I installed a URD CAI and when I test drove it. After mashing the pedel often and spinning tires and all that good stuff, my ABS and VSC lights came on solid. So I turned the truck off, the lights turned off and stayed off. I assume this is from the LSD and VSC not getting along, but I don't know for sure.

I have never had the lights just stay on as if there was a problem before....

If anyone has an idea I would appreciate it. Tried a search to no avail.

Thanks!

Edit : I've checked all of the wires and all looked good and were tight
Old 03-23-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
Toyota Dealer Technician
1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
1GR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to 1GR
So they went out, and never came back on?
Old 03-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GR View Post
So they went out, and never came back on?

Yeah after I turned the truck off and restart, they have not come back on... Also my ultra gauge was acting weird during that time too. Stayed on scan mode.... Grimlins
Old 03-24-2012, 01:46 PM   #4
revised
Any thoughts? Every thing seems normal now. I kinda think that the scan gauge was messin with stuff since it was in some weird scan mode when this happened.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #5
Toyota Dealer Technician
1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
1GR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to 1GR
Don't worry about it unless they come back on. If you really want, go to your dealer and ask them to scan for history codes. Honestly don't waste your money unless they come back on.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #6
revised
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GR View Post
Don't worry about it unless they come back on. If you really want, go to your dealer and ask them to scan for history codes. Honestly don't waste your money unless they come back on.

Cool. Probably a fluke type thing.

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #7
CtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
CtTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ive been thinkng about swappin in a diff with a mechanical LSD in my 2010. How hard was the swap and how mich did you pay for the parts?
Old 03-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #8
revised
225 total from a fleabay salvage. Would have been 300 from a local salvage yard.

supereasy install. used Monkeyproof/Jasmine's and maximillions diff write up