Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Intermittent Wiper Graphic on Backwards?

Old 03-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
Crusty ole' conservative fart
Sullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Retired Master Sergeant
Sullyman's Tacoma Gallery
Intermittent Wiper Graphic on Backwards?

Dudes (and Dudettes)....

I've got a 2010 DC..The one thing wrong with it that I've noticed in 40k+ miles of butt-in-seat is the graphic on the wiper arm for itermittent settings appears to be on backwards....The graphic shows the widest (longest)duration between wipes on top, yet if you turn the selector to that, you get the shortest duration between wipes or the quickest intermittent wiping....Anyone else have/notice this? This is right up there with pondering the meaning of life so I don't really care where this thread goes...Have fun with it...
Old 03-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
The longer the marks the cleaner the windshield.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OR... you can just consider it that the Japanese read right to left rather than left to right.

Sooo......up is down and down is up, aka short is long and long is short.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:16 PM   #4

Oh heck, iono. I don't even HAVE intermittent on mine.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #6
Sullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utard View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I have a 2012. I just did not want to be the first one to bring it up. Cause i knew it was going to be a

I don't fear the
Old 03-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #9
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
I go with the thought of turning it "down" slows the wiper time ... turning it "up" speeds up the wiper. I know that it is opposite my wife's Accord.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post
I go with the thought of turning it "down" slows the wiper time ... turning it "up" speeds up the wiper. I know that it is opposite my wife's Accord.
It's opposite of every other vehicle I've ever seen with intermittent wipers...
Old 03-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #11
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
greenrustic's Tacoma Gallery
Funny thing is on my 2003 Tacoma it was the opposite...
Old 03-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #16
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Oh heck, iono. I don't even HAVE intermittent on mine.
You can, for a little over $100 and 20 minutes of your time.

$255 shipped, 30 minutes without moving from the driver's seat, I installed both factory cruise and intermittent wipers in my '08 RC Base 2.7
Old 03-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullyman View Post
Wut. Better than what YOU came up with.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:38 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Wut. Better than what YOU came up with.
All right, all right....Gold star for creativity on that one....

Old 03-26-2012, 06:42 AM   #20
Señorita Member
bethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
bethes's Tacoma Gallery
I think of it this way: the longer marks indicate a longer time between the wipers running.

I had a '98 Corolla and it was set up the same way. To me it is counter-intuitive. If I turn the knob up I want my wipers to run faster.