Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2009 Double Cab & Weathertech experiences

Old 12-25-2008, 09:28 AM   #21
davatk is on a distinguished road

davatk's Tacoma Gallery
Got'em

Well, got and installed my WeatherTechs (for 2009 DC) today. Fit, well I think they may need to conform a bit, from being twisted in the delivery box, but generally pretty good. Drivers side is perfect. Rear is pretty close to perfect. Passenger side worries me a bit, doesn't fit too well at the door sill area. I'm gonna let them lay for a while in truck, maybe hit them with a hair dryer. Lotso money for them not to fit perfect. Worst case, I'll call Weathertech and let them know - I've heard they have excellent customer service. Hopefully I won't have to though.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:18 PM   #22

davatk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davatk View Post
Well, got and installed my WeatherTechs (for 2009 DC) today. Fit, well I think they may need to conform a bit, from being twisted in the delivery box, but generally pretty good. Drivers side is perfect. Rear is pretty close to perfect. Passenger side worries me a bit, doesn't fit too well at the door sill area. I'm gonna let them lay for a while in truck, maybe hit them with a hair dryer. Lotso money for them not to fit perfect. Worst case, I'll call Weathertech and let them know - I've heard they have excellent customer service. Hopefully I won't have to though.
Well sent 2 messages via Weathertech customer service form on their website - no response. Found an email for someone named Patt Martin - from a Weathertech brochure and sent an email explaining the problem. I also sent them some pics. They are going to have engineering look at it and will be back in touch. I will post the outcome so others will know if they are having quality problems with their mats.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:21 PM   #23
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well sent 2 messages via Weathertech customer service form on their website - no response. Found an email for someone named Patt Martin - from a Weathertech brochure and sent an email explaining the problem. I also sent them some pics. They are going to have engineering look at it and will be back in touch. I will post the outcome so others will know if they are having quality problems with their mats.
Can you post pics of how it looks right now?
Old 12-30-2008, 09:32 PM   #24

davatk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
Can you post pics of how it looks right now?
I've attached a couple of pics, which show some of the gaps, and fit issues.
Attached Thumbnails
2009 Double Cab & Weathertech experiences-pc280286.jpg   2009 Double Cab & Weathertech experiences-pc280288.jpg  
Old 12-30-2008, 09:34 PM   #25
AK Backcountry is on a distinguished road

AK Backcountry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scout101 View Post
I've got an '09 DC and weathertech mats, and no problems. Rears fit fine, and no coverage problems on the fronts.

Only problem I had was that the standard passenger mat had those clips to keep it in place, and the weathertech mat didn't have holes in the passenger side to fit it, so had to pull them out to get the mat to sit right.

Mats work fine with my 09 DC
I have the same problem with my 08 but other than that the mats work great.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:47 PM   #27
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
I have Weathertec and am very happy with it.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:13 AM   #28

davatk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
Mine look just like that. Interested to see what they say...
Hmm. Interesting. Maybe I'm just picky I guess? Actually, my point of comparison is the drivers side which fits like a glove. Attached are a couple of pics from the drivers side - there aren't really any cracks showing in the coverage, and everything seems to lay flat against the floorboard/doorsill areas.
Attached Thumbnails
2009 Double Cab & Weathertech experiences-pc280296.jpg   2009 Double Cab & Weathertech experiences-pc280298.jpg  
Old 12-31-2008, 08:35 AM   #29
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I paid 25 bucks for a set from wal mart. they have a lip all the way around them and collect all the snow and rocks from my boots. they work great. the only flaw is the coverage under the gas pedal...
Old 01-01-2009, 12:56 PM   #30

davatk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Patt Martin from Weathertech is going to send me a new passenger side mat to try. Will keep you posted....
Old 01-01-2009, 01:08 PM   #31
Tacoma Newbie
moserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud of
moserjjx's Tacoma Gallery
my passenger side weathertech mat looks much "tighter" that yours so hopefully your new one is better!
Old 01-01-2009, 01:10 PM   #32

davatk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moserjjx View Post
my passenger side weathertech mat looks much "tighter" that yours so hopefully your new one is better!
Yep, I hope so too. If not maybe the 2009 is slightly different ? Or possible they have a mfg flaw...

We'll see...
Old 01-01-2009, 01:14 PM   #33
Tacoma Newbie
moserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Yep, I hope so too. If not maybe the 2009 is slightly different ? Or possible they have a mfg flaw...

We'll see...
if you find you need a pic of a tighter fitting pass side, let me know. i'm sure they will take care of you though
Old 01-01-2009, 05:18 PM   #34

davatk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moserjjx View Post
if you find you need a pic of a tighter fitting pass side, let me know. i'm sure they will take care of you though
Ok, thanks much appreciated. I'll wait and see how the replacement fits, and if its not tight maybe I'll take you up on that pic.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:45 PM   #36

davatk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoppas View Post
I just received my new WeatherTechs today. As you can see in the pic below they fit like a glove, right out of the box.

Yep, that fit looks great. I hope that's how mine will tif when they send me the replacement. Thanks for the PIC.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #37

davatk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep, that fit looks great. I hope that's how mine will tif when they send me the replacement. Thanks for the PIC.
Well, attached is a pic of the new one they sent me. Not much better - maybe worse in the doorsill area. Sent pics back to Weathertech for comment.
Attached Thumbnails
2009 Double Cab & Weathertech experiences-p1070309.jpg  
Old 01-08-2009, 06:48 AM   #38
Voice of Reason
ElevenTenths is on a distinguished road
ElevenTenths's Tacoma Gallery
Did you try gently warming and shaping with a hair dryer?
Old 01-08-2009, 06:53 AM   #39
Tacoma Newbie
mine looked sorta like that when i installed it, warming it up and flexing it down a few times helped seat it and it has settled nicely now
Old 01-08-2009, 08:21 AM   #40
Voice of Reason
ElevenTenths is on a distinguished road
ElevenTenths's Tacoma Gallery
Out of curiosity...

Does anyone know which models of double cab have the two clips for the pass side and which don't. I recommended the weathertechs to a friend who has a TRD double cab coming to him next week, when he tried to order he found they now list two models for the 09s, one with clips, one without on the pass side. Is is a trim level thing?
Obviously I was no help.