Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2009 Double Cab & Weathertech experiences

Old 01-08-2009, 10:34 AM   #41
davatk is on a distinguished road

davatk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElevenTenths View Post
Did you try gently warming and shaping with a hair dryer?
Well, tried the hair dryer on the old one, I think it made it worse if anything .

Didn't try it on the new one ...yet...
Old 01-08-2009, 10:37 AM   #42

davatk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moserjjx View Post
mine looked sorta like that when i installed it, warming it up and flexing it down a few times helped seat it and it has settled nicely now
Well, I'm hoping it will settle, might try warming it a bit with the hair dryer. But as you can see it was way bent-up, so its got a long way to go to lay flat. And I have found that if it sticks up the least bit, people get their feet caught on it when they get in.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:21 PM   #43
groundpounder17 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Sgt, 1/7 Alpha Co.
groundpounder17's Tacoma Gallery
I was curious as to why on weathertech's website it says that their liners won't fit the manual. Does anyone know why this is?
Old 01-12-2009, 09:37 AM   #44
riftsawn is on a distinguished road
riftsawn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by groundpounder17 View Post
I was curious as to why on weathertech's website it says that their liners won't fit the manual. Does anyone know why this is?
I put them in my 08 DC manual... the liner would hand up on the clutch pedal. I trimmed about 1/2 off the top of the liner around the clutch pedal with a pair or tin snips and now it works great.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:02 PM   #45
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davatk View Post
Well, tried the hair dryer on the old one, I think it made it worse if anything .

Didn't try it on the new one ...yet...
Hey Davatk...I just noticed that your troublesome liner has the 2 clips. Mine fit perfectly right out of the box but I have no clips. Maybe I am wrong but it looks to me in the picture that the mat is bunching up because the clips are preventing it laying flat (like the holes for clips need to be just a tad further forward). Have you tried removing the clips to see if it lays down better? The liner fits so snugly that I don't think you even need the clips. It can't hardly move once it is in place. Just a thought....
Old 01-16-2009, 02:13 PM   #46
greddy09sc is on a distinguished road
greddy09sc's Tacoma Gallery
Why does 09 matter? The inside have not changed at all since 2005 right? So 05-08 should fit 09 fine.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #48
Anyone found a better deal for Weather Tech double cab? So far i see 177.90 at AutoAnything and at Weather Tech.

Trying so save a penny here.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:40 PM   #49
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone here have the Toyota Tacoma OEM all-weather floor mats, or is it just me? I really like them and they are pretty tough material wise! Looks really sharp too!
Old 01-16-2009, 02:53 PM   #50
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Does anyone here have the Toyota Tacoma OEM all-weather floor mats, or is it just me? I really like them and they are pretty tough material wise! Looks really sharp too!
I have them and use them all year except winter.
I go with the Weathertech Floorliners in winter for better carpet dirt stain protection from dirty snow covered shoes..
I do use the rear Floorliners all year.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:55 PM   #51
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by greddy09sc View Post
Anyone found a better deal for Weather Tech double cab? So far i see 177.90 at AutoAnything and at Weather Tech.

Trying so save a penny here.
Think i got all of mine for $160.00 from Cabelas. I used a $25 off that others here might have and not need to bring it to a total of $144.00 to my door.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:00 PM   #52
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
I have them and use them all year except winter.
I go with the Weathertech Floorliners in winter for better carpet dirt stain protection from dirty snow covered shoes..
I do use the rear Floorliners all year.
Got yah! I just got mine this winter and so far so good!!! I will probably just end up leaving them in all year! I really like the black mat look instead of the matching gray ones that came with the truck.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:30 PM   #53
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNYTACOMA View Post
Think i got all of mine for $160.00 from Cabelas. I used a $25 off that others here might have and not need to bring it to a total of $144.00 to my door.
I just checked cabelas and looks like they only carry the weathertech floor mats and not the floor liners.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:35 PM   #54
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Why does 09 matter? The inside have not changed at all since 2005 right? So 05-08 should fit 09 fine.
Well I know in my 06', there isn't mat clips for the passenger side, only driver side. But someone told me they changed that in like 07'.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:03 PM   #55
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
When ordering, you should be asked if you have the passenger side floor hook.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:09 PM   #56
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just checked cabelas and looks like they only carry the weathertech floor mats and not the floor liners.
They are the liners. Probably a mis-communication onthe verbage.

Cabelas gets them from Weathertech. The only difference is that some of the little 'Weathertech' oval name plates on the liners have a 'Cabelas' logo instead.

Supposedly, some come with the 'Weathertech' showing and the 'Cabelas' will be in the box, should you want to adhere them over the WT logo. (That was what i was told when ordering)

Mine are indeed the liners i see pictured here when people post their photos.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #57

davatk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoppas View Post
Hey Davatk...I just noticed that your troublesome liner has the 2 clips. Mine fit perfectly right out of the box but I have no clips. Maybe I am wrong but it looks to me in the picture that the mat is bunching up because the clips are preventing it laying flat (like the holes for clips need to be just a tad further forward). Have you tried removing the clips to see if it lays down better? The liner fits so snugly that I don't think you even need the clips. It can't hardly move once it is in place. Just a thought....
No. the clips have nothing to do with it, the mat is just bent. I've had it in the house for over a week now, I bent it into shape manually, and within an hour it goes backto the original curvy shape in the doorsill area. It's just poorly made - a reject I guess. Funny thing I've gotten two rejects now. They are in the process of sending me another one. Were supposed to get it out Monday, well it shipped today finally. I'm getting pretty disappointed with their customer service at this point. Hopefully I'll get a good one this time, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #58
romeo oscar bravo
zero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nice

Name: Rob
zero niner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
I had the Toyota All Weather then switched to the Weathertechs, I love the complete coverage of the Weathertechs much better, my 09 DC had no fitment issues.

Rob
Old 01-17-2009, 12:09 PM   #59
meafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: RCR( Royal Canadian Regiment) INF
Name: Mike
meafordmike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by freesample View Post
i'm in eastern canada.. where can i order these from and how much should they cost? front and rear.. weathertech or husky?
I ordered them from Weathertechcanada.com, about 260$ Canadian.
But they are on back-order I been waiting 3 weeks already, and still not here.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:57 AM   #60

davatk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davatk View Post
No. the clips have nothing to do with it, the mat is just bent. I've had it in the house for over a week now, I bent it into shape manually, and within an hour it goes backto the original curvy shape in the doorsill area. It's just poorly made - a reject I guess. Funny thing I've gotten two rejects now. They are in the process of sending me another one. Were supposed to get it out Monday, well it shipped today finally. I'm getting pretty disappointed with their customer service at this point. Hopefully I'll get a good one this time, but I'm not holding my breath.
The saga continues. Got a replacement passenger side liner today - it also has the deformity, worse than ever, where it should lay flat on the doorsill. I didn't even bother to put it in the truck it was so deformed. Weathertech customer service is supposed to be reporting this to their Engineering dept. See attached PICS.
Attached Thumbnails
2009 Double Cab & Weathertech experiences-p1200316.jpg   2009 Double Cab & Weathertech experiences-p1200317.jpg