1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2009 Double Cab & Weathertech experiences

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by davatk, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Dec 15, 2008 at 6:50 PM
    davatk

davatk [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northwestern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC TRD Sport Long Bed
    Tube Steps, Hood Deflector, ScanGauage, GPS
    Hello All,

I have read more than a few threads here and some of the other Toyota boards regarding Weathertech floor liner issues.

1. At one time the front drivers side floor liner did not go far enough under the pedals to catch dirt etc. They were supposed to have re-tooled and resolved this issue. Any comments on this from anyone ?

2. I have seen some comment on the rear liners not fitting on the Double Cab 2009. Weathertech does not list the rear liner for the 2009 DC and when I called they said they do not make it yet. However, others have stated that they ordered them and they fit fine. Can anyone comment on this ? And if you have a set that fits the rear, did order 08 or 09 or ARE THEY THE SAME ?

Thanks to all in advance,

I'm trying to give my wife my Christmas list. :rolleyes:

2. Dec 15, 2008 at 6:52 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    if the weathertechs dont work out for ya............check out the husky liners. they are pretty awesome man, but they dont use the floor hook like the weathertechs do.

3. Dec 15, 2008 at 7:19 PM
    WNYTACOMA

WNYTACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clarence, New York
    Vehicle:
    09 Metalic Grey TRD OFF ROAD
    Toyota Nerf steps Bugflector 2 Tool box Weathertech floor liners Wet Okole F/R - Bk/Char
    Having had them both, the weathertechs are better for the 09' because of the better coverage over the door sill.

Whats the point of a liner if all the crap falling of of your shoes / boots on the way in the truck crap up that area because it is left exposed like on the Huskys? I was bummed i had to settle for the lesser ones on my 2000 due to weathertech not making then for that year.. (those years)

Look on the Cabelas website and you'll see a photo of both inside the vehicles. You will see what i mean.

Thats my take.

4. Dec 15, 2008 at 7:21 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    the husky's work pretty good on my 04, and they cover the door sills pretty good to me.

5. Dec 15, 2008 at 7:34 PM
    WNYTACOMA

WNYTACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clarence, New York
    Vehicle:
    09 Metalic Grey TRD OFF ROAD
    Toyota Nerf steps Bugflector 2 Tool box Weathertech floor liners Wet Okole F/R - Bk/Char
    All i can say is to go to a site like Cabelas that shows photos of both and you will see what i mean. I have not seen any mat / liner that provides the coverage of the weathertech, and i have definitely spent plenty of time looking for one with every truck i have owned.

6. Dec 15, 2008 at 7:38 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    i see what you are saying, and yes...the weathertechs have better coverage, but i was letting the op know that if the weathertechs dont work, the husky's are probably second best.

7. Dec 15, 2008 at 8:34 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Mine seem to cover under the pedals pretty well. I just took them out the other day and I didn't notice the floor being dirty behind/under the pedals. And the weathertechs are PLENTY dirty from all the salt/dirt/melted snow...

8. Dec 15, 2008 at 11:30 PM
    spark4

spark4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 Cement
    Bilstein 6100/5160, Ray 10's, 5.29, KDMax Tuned
    When I got my 09 double cab sport, first thing I got were the weathertech's. I remember I emailed them about the 09's cause it wasn't on their website at the time, but they said the 08 would fit. The front's and rears fit perfect. I was up at the cabin this weekend with a little bit of snowfall and im glad I had them. There was a really nasty mess from the melted snow/dirt. If you want to hear from them, just email them, their pretty good at getting back to you.

9. Dec 16, 2008 at 3:31 AM
    davatk

Member:
    Northwestern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the response. It sounds as if the 08's should work OK, I've seen/heard from enough people so far that have them and say the fit perfect. :) I guess maybe weathertech is just being cautious since they for sure have issues with the 09 Access cab rear liner.

10. Dec 16, 2008 at 5:00 AM
    Joe B

Joe B Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have an '09 DC and the Weathertechs floorliners and they fit great.
    The best mats out there for looks and protection..
    Call and order from Weathertech so you get the right part# mats.
    They might have the '09 application on their site now.They didn't when I looked so I called them.

11. Dec 16, 2008 at 5:44 AM
    tdm156

tdm156 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC 4x4 SR5**Sold
    I have Husky liners front and rear and they fit just fine. Got mine at autoanything

12. Dec 16, 2008 at 6:09 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    x2 I like my huskeys

13. Dec 16, 2008 at 7:50 AM
    scout101

scout101 Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 DBL Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    I've got an '09 DC and weathertech mats, and no problems. Rears fit fine, and no coverage problems on the fronts.

Only problem I had was that the standard passenger mat had those clips to keep it in place, and the weathertech mat didn't have holes in the passenger side to fit it, so had to pull them out to get the mat to sit right.

Mats work fine with my 09 DC

14. Dec 16, 2008 at 8:02 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    When I bought my '09 liners, it asked me if I had passenger floor clips. I said yes and mine came with the holes for the clips. Maybe that question was added after you bought yours?

15. Dec 16, 2008 at 8:09 AM
    spark4

spark4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 Cement
    Bilstein 6100/5160, Ray 10's, 5.29, KDMax Tuned
    that's weird. Both of the mats I have up front have the holes for the hooks. Maybe they sent you the wrong ones? I know when I ordered them from the weathertech website they asked if I had hooks on both sides. Regardless they are kinda a pain to get out with the hooks, but then again I hardly pull them out. I saw on the xr underground website where some guy had white mold growing under his weathertechs. I figure he must of had some moisture underneath somehow. I check mine from time to time just in case.

16. Dec 16, 2008 at 8:24 AM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    I think you're confusing the Access Cab and the Double Cab. The '09 Access Cab has some issues with the rear liners, but the DC's haven't changed.

17. Dec 16, 2008 at 6:45 PM
    scout101

scout101 Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 DBL Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    I got mine from LLBean, and no option/question about front passenger clips. Just says 2005+ as the model years. It wasn't too bad, I just lifted the rug and pulled the clips out for the passenger side. Either way, all of the mats fit perfectly in my 2009 DC

18. Dec 21, 2008 at 5:10 PM
    freesample

freesample Well-Known Member

Member:
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport LB
    Visors, Deflector, Husky Liners, too expsensive for good ones :(
    i'm in eastern canada.. where can i order these from and how much should they cost? front and rear.. weathertech or husky?

19. Dec 21, 2008 at 5:15 PM
    Raylo

Raylo Well-Known Member

Member:
    MD, USA
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra SR5 OffRoad; (2009 Tacoma - sold)
    All stock, except for audio and convenience add-ons
    The problem with the rears fitting is with access cabs, not double cabs. Double cabs have no issues. Also, the weathertech ordering page gives you the option of specifying with or without the hooks on the passenger side liner. So if you have 'em like I do in my 09, order the ones that have the holes.

20. Dec 22, 2008 at 3:54 AM
    davatk

Member:
    Northwestern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Thanks to all for you comments. Santa has ordered a set of these for my 2009 DC, and I'll report back on the fit. (ordered for the 2008 model from Weathertech website)

:D

Products Discussed in

To Top