Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2009 Double Cab & Weathertech experiences

Old 12-15-2008, 06:50 PM   #1
davatk is on a distinguished road

davatk's Tacoma Gallery
2009 Double Cab & Weathertech experiences

Hello All,

I have read more than a few threads here and some of the other Toyota boards regarding Weathertech floor liner issues.

1. At one time the front drivers side floor liner did not go far enough under the pedals to catch dirt etc. They were supposed to have re-tooled and resolved this issue. Any comments on this from anyone ?

2. I have seen some comment on the rear liners not fitting on the Double Cab 2009. Weathertech does not list the rear liner for the 2009 DC and when I called they said they do not make it yet. However, others have stated that they ordered them and they fit fine. Can anyone comment on this ? And if you have a set that fits the rear, did order 08 or 09 or ARE THEY THE SAME ?

Thanks to all in advance,

I'm trying to give my wife my Christmas list.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:52 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
if the weathertechs dont work out for ya............check out the husky liners. they are pretty awesome man, but they dont use the floor hook like the weathertechs do.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:19 PM   #3
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
if the weathertechs dont work out for ya............check out the husky liners. they are pretty awesome man, but they dont use the floor hook like the weathertechs do.
Having had them both, the weathertechs are better for the 09' because of the better coverage over the door sill.

Whats the point of a liner if all the crap falling of of your shoes / boots on the way in the truck crap up that area because it is left exposed like on the Huskys? I was bummed i had to settle for the lesser ones on my 2000 due to weathertech not making then for that year.. (those years)

Look on the Cabelas website and you'll see a photo of both inside the vehicles. You will see what i mean.

Thats my take.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:21 PM   #4
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNYTACOMA View Post
Having had them both, the weathertechs are better for the 09' becaude of the better coverage over the door sill.

Whats the point of a liner if all the crap falling of of your shoes / boots crap up that area because it is left exposed like on the Huskys? I was bummed i had to settle for the lesser ones on my 2000 due to weathertech not making then for that year.. (those years)

Thats my take.
the husky's work pretty good on my 04, and they cover the door sills pretty good to me.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:34 PM   #5
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
the husky's work pretty good on my 04, and they cover the door sills pretty good to me.
All i can say is to go to a site like Cabelas that shows photos of both and you will see what i mean. I have not seen any mat / liner that provides the coverage of the weathertech, and i have definitely spent plenty of time looking for one with every truck i have owned.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNYTACOMA View Post
All i can say is to go to a site like Cabelas that shows photos of both and you will see what i mean. I have not seen any mat / liner that provides the coverage of the weathertech, and i have definitely spent plenty of time looking for one with every truck i have owned.
i see what you are saying, and yes...the weathertechs have better coverage, but i was letting the op know that if the weathertechs dont work, the husky's are probably second best.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:34 PM   #7
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davatk View Post
1. At one time the front drivers side floor liner did not go far enough under the pedals to catch dirt etc. They were supposed to have re-tooled and resolved this issue. Any comments on this from anyone ?
Mine seem to cover under the pedals pretty well. I just took them out the other day and I didn't notice the floor being dirty behind/under the pedals. And the weathertechs are PLENTY dirty from all the salt/dirt/melted snow...
Old 12-15-2008, 11:30 PM   #8
spark4 is on a distinguished road
spark4's Tacoma Gallery
When I got my 09 double cab sport, first thing I got were the weathertech's. I remember I emailed them about the 09's cause it wasn't on their website at the time, but they said the 08 would fit. The front's and rears fit perfect. I was up at the cabin this weekend with a little bit of snowfall and im glad I had them. There was a really nasty mess from the melted snow/dirt. If you want to hear from them, just email them, their pretty good at getting back to you.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:31 AM   #9

davatk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spark4 View Post
When I got my 09 double cab sport, first thing I got were the weathertech's. I remember I emailed them about the 09's cause it wasn't on their website at the time, but they said the 08 would fit. The front's and rears fit perfect. I was up at the cabin this weekend with a little bit of snowfall and im glad I had them. There was a really nasty mess from the melted snow/dirt. If you want to hear from them, just email them, their pretty good at getting back to you.
Thanks for the response. It sounds as if the 08's should work OK, I've seen/heard from enough people so far that have them and say the fit perfect. I guess maybe weathertech is just being cautious since they for sure have issues with the 09 Access cab rear liner.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:00 AM   #10
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
I have an '09 DC and the Weathertechs floorliners and they fit great.
The best mats out there for looks and protection..
Call and order from Weathertech so you get the right part# mats.
They might have the '09 application on their site now.They didn't when I looked so I called them.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:44 AM   #11
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
I have Husky liners front and rear and they fit just fine. Got mine at autoanything
Old 12-16-2008, 07:50 AM   #13
scout101 will become famous soon enoughscout101 will become famous soon enough
scout101's Tacoma Gallery
I've got an '09 DC and weathertech mats, and no problems. Rears fit fine, and no coverage problems on the fronts.

Only problem I had was that the standard passenger mat had those clips to keep it in place, and the weathertech mat didn't have holes in the passenger side to fit it, so had to pull them out to get the mat to sit right.

Mats work fine with my 09 DC
Old 12-16-2008, 08:02 AM   #14
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scout101 View Post
I've got an '09 DC and weathertech mats, and no problems. Rears fit fine, and no coverage problems on the fronts.

Only problem I had was that the standard passenger mat had those clips to keep it in place, and the weathertech mat didn't have holes in the passenger side to fit it, so had to pull them out to get the mat to sit right.

When I bought my '09 liners, it asked me if I had passenger floor clips. I said yes and mine came with the holes for the clips. Maybe that question was added after you bought yours?
Old 12-16-2008, 08:09 AM   #15
spark4 is on a distinguished road
spark4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scout101 View Post

that's weird. Both of the mats I have up front have the holes for the hooks. Maybe they sent you the wrong ones? I know when I ordered them from the weathertech website they asked if I had hooks on both sides. Regardless they are kinda a pain to get out with the hooks, but then again I hardly pull them out. I saw on the xr underground website where some guy had white mold growing under his weathertechs. I figure he must of had some moisture underneath somehow. I check mine from time to time just in case.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:24 AM   #16
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davatk View Post
2. I have seen some comment on the rear liners not fitting on the Double Cab 2009. Weathertech does not list the rear liner for the 2009 DC and when I called they said they do not make it yet. However, others have stated that they ordered them and they fit fine. Can anyone comment on this ? And if you have a set that fits the rear, did order 08 or 09 or ARE THEY THE SAME ?
I think you're confusing the Access Cab and the Double Cab. The '09 Access Cab has some issues with the rear liners, but the DC's haven't changed.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:45 PM   #17
scout101 will become famous soon enoughscout101 will become famous soon enough
scout101's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine from LLBean, and no option/question about front passenger clips. Just says 2005+ as the model years. It wasn't too bad, I just lifted the rug and pulled the clips out for the passenger side. Either way, all of the mats fit perfectly in my 2009 DC
Old 12-21-2008, 05:10 PM   #18
freesample will become famous soon enoughfreesample will become famous soon enough

freesample's Tacoma Gallery
i'm in eastern canada.. where can i order these from and how much should they cost? front and rear.. weathertech or husky?
Old 12-21-2008, 05:15 PM   #19
Raylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to beholdRaylo is a splendid one to behold

Navy: USN, nuclear submarines
Raylo's Tacoma Gallery
The problem with the rears fitting is with access cabs, not double cabs. Double cabs have no issues. Also, the weathertech ordering page gives you the option of specifying with or without the hooks on the passenger side liner. So if you have 'em like I do in my 09, order the ones that have the holes.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:54 AM   #20

davatk's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks to all

Thanks to all for you comments. Santa has ordered a set of these for my 2009 DC, and I'll report back on the fit. (ordered for the 2008 model from Weathertech website)