1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to wire a 2009 OEM JBL Radio to the 2009 OEM AUX/USB Switch??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by GreenBay12, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Mar 25, 2012 at 10:17 PM
    GreenBay12

GreenBay12 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner double cab TRD sport
    TRD cold air, JBL Speaker, Tinted lights, tinted windows, TRD exhaust
    Hello Tacoma World,

I'm new to Tacoma world and if this question has been asked all ready I'm sorry to repeat it. I've bought a 2009 JBL radio for my 2006 Tacoma and I've also bought the lower trim panel with the 3 blank switches. I've also got the the 2009 AUX/USB switch and can put it into the lower trim panel just like the 2009 and up Tacoma have them. My roadblock in this project is that I don't know how to wire the back of the AUX/USB switch into the back of the radio. What wires do I need and how do I do it? I've looked in several places and had no luck so I'm hoping someone on here knows what to do. I just want the OEM AUX/USB switch look that feeds into the back of the OEM 2009 JBL radio.

2. Mar 26, 2012 at 5:54 AM
    GreenBay12

GreenBay12 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner double cab TRD sport
    TRD cold air, JBL Speaker, Tinted lights, tinted windows, TRD exhaust
    It does have the JBL amp in the truck already, and I do have one of those now. I'm just wanting to give it the OEM look now versus using what I got now which is the thing that plugs into the back of the radio and runs into your glove compartment box.

3. Jul 26, 2016 at 7:32 PM
    cbstewart

cbstewart Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clayton
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Off Road DC
    Hey man, this will be my first post on TW and I have searched the snot out of the threads with no luck in finding an answer to this. Stinks that no one ever responded to your question. I know this is 4 years old, but did you ever find an answer? I just bought a 2010 and have been trying to find a way of wiring USB to the JBL stereo OEM without having to use the $200 tangled eyesores. Hopefully you still read these things, ha.

Products Discussed in

To Top