Old 04-14-2012, 01:23 AM   #21
Thighmaster is on a distinguished road

Army: Medic, Nurse 5502d USAH, 352d CSH
Thighmaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by novataco View Post
I have these

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ACAM7E/...hvptwo=&hvqmt=

You can also run a cable through the frame and wheels and lock it to the d-rings, which I do more often than padlocking the bike mount.

These mounts are a lot more stable than the Toyota mount that screws to a cleat.
What size/type hardware?
Old 04-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #22
Bendernut is on a distinguished road

Bendernut's Tacoma Gallery
Here is what I did with my Yakima mount.

Parts:

(1) Yakima Blockhead
(2) 1/2"x2" carrage bolt
(4) 1/2" flat washer
(2) 1/2" external lock nut

Tools:

small crescent wrench

I think the pictures speak for them selves. I would advise using minimum grade 5 hardware for this application. I used mild steel but will be upgrading for strength purposes. The flat washers inside the bed rail will start to bend as mine are starting to do.
Attached Thumbnails
Lockable track based bicycle mount?-img_0523.jpg   Lockable track based bicycle mount?-img_0524.jpg   Lockable track based bicycle mount?-img_0526.jpg   Lockable track based bicycle mount?-img_0528.jpg   Lockable track based bicycle mount?-img_0532.jpg  

Old 04-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #23
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I highly recommend the Rocky Mounts clutch SD. They are extremely sturdy and easy to lock when when needed.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:13 AM   #24
mrmagoo is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
mrmagoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighmaster View Post
Thanks. I ordered a pair, great price.
Used same set mounted upside down to lower bike profile. Easy to install (2) 1/4 x 20 Bolts (1' OR 1.25") , lock washers, 3/8 flat washer fit the track, 1/4 nut with nylon bushing on back. To make install easier remove bike attachment from bracket and install bolt, nut washers. slide into track, tighten using open box wrench on nut in track and socket wrench on bolt, reinstall bike attachment. total cost less than $40 for 2. I will upgrade to stainless hardware in the near future.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:43 PM   #25
Thighmaster is on a distinguished road

Army: Medic, Nurse 5502d USAH, 352d CSH
Thighmaster's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. Will try it.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #26
mandotaco is on a distinguished road
mandotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by novataco View Post
Mind you, a thief could also unscrew a d-ring bolt, but

1. What kind of thief has a large diameter torx screw handy?
2. even if they did, they would have to deal with a lock through the frame, which makes it a long shot that a thief would have the desire to conquer both, other than in NYC.

The bikes are in transit when they are in the truck, the location is random, and they are not in the bed for very long, so I am comfortable with the padlock on the delta mount, or the cable lock to the d-ring when the bike is in the truck unattended for an hour or more.

One other thing, I have a an Access LE soft tonneau cover, so sometimes I lay the bike or bikes down in the bed, cable them to the d-ring, and nobody even sees the bikes under the tonneau, so I feel comfotable being away from the truck and bikes for a long time. If I am at a roadside motel like a Residence Inn or whatever, I bring the bikes inside for the night.
Is it possible to use the rail mounts by just rolling up the soft tonneau cover? Or does one have to remove the tonneau completely? Since the covers seem to roll up to the front I am wondering how this works with a rail mounted bike mount...
Old 12-14-2012, 11:43 PM   #27
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandotaco View Post
Is it possible to use the rail mounts by just rolling up the soft tonneau cover? Or does one have to remove the tonneau completely? Since the covers seem to roll up to the front I am wondering how this works with a rail mounted bike mount...
Figured I'd update this since I just did all this today. Yes, the Delta mount DOES work with a roll up tonneau, at least the Access Literider that I have. You just have to mount it upside down on the rail is all.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #28
Maniac9230 has a spectacular aura aboutManiac9230 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Eric
Maniac9230's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 12-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #29
Long Member
Chayes119 is a jewel in the roughChayes119 is a jewel in the roughChayes119 is a jewel in the rough

Air Force: CS SOF Gunship/Avionics PM
Chayes119's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd

Products Discussed in this Thread