Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bushwacker pocket flares for 2nd gen

Old 03-27-2012, 11:01 PM   #1
3boyztaco is on a distinguished road

3boyztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Bushwacker pocket flares for 2nd gen

Question: for anyone running 285/70/17,17x9,4.5bs how much thread coverage does this flare offer. I'm looking at these flares but I need to know if it is worth it. I need the thread width covered. The mud and water spots are getting tired. I really don't want to use the plastic garden runners to extend my flares.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
TAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
TAOScott's Tacoma Gallery
The pockets will give you about 1.75" off the stock fender.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #3
Grab your helmet, this shits about to get retarded
BlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
BlackSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Any pictures? I'm sort of intrigued to see how these fit. I'm also running 285/70/17's.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #4
TAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 03-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #5
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck Scott. Flares look great
Old 03-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #6
Grab your helmet, this shits about to get retarded
BlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
BlackSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Are the flares actually thinner then the stock flares? Not, width wise, but in height.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdowell View Post
Nice truck Scott. Flares look great
Not mine ... thought I wouldn't mind if it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSeven View Post
Are the flares actually thinner then the stock flares? Not, width wise, but in height.
I have asked Bushwacker to give us the height dimensions for their flares so many times over the years ... I gave up.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:53 AM   #8
3boyztaco is on a distinguished road

3boyztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Scott thanks for the info. The pics are from the website. I was really looking for some top of flare pics and straight from front. Took a tape measure and measured out 1.75" from dead center above stock flare and the coverage looks very close. Anyone with pics???