1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best dealership for lower mainland, BC

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by KRich, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Dec 16, 2008 at 9:34 AM
    KRich

KRich [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 Black DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    Hi all,

Looking to start a relationship with a dealership in Greater Vancouver area (I live in Burnaby) and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? I won't probably make it there until the New Year and will be looking to get some minor warrantied (I freakin' hope) work done. Thanks!

2. Dec 16, 2008 at 9:47 AM
    Okkine

Okkine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma, V6, Manual Transmission, 4x4
    Welcome to the forum. I haven't had need to have my truck serviced yet, but I wound up buying it at Jim Pattison on the north shore. I liked the service there, and I'll probably wind up taking it there for any warranty work (unless/until they give me a reason not to). Open Road Toyota in Maple Ridge might be a little closer to you (depending on what part of Burnaby you're in). They weren't in the mood to sell a truck when I was there, but they had a good selection of Tacomas on their lot, so their mechanics probably have a little more experience with them.

3. Dec 16, 2008 at 7:52 PM
    Dave Russell

Dave Russell Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4
    The dealer makes all the difference in the world! It's like having a good neighbor or a bad one. My brakes squealed when backing up- my dealer said (3 times) "they all do that-right off the truck". Brilliant! When I mentioned TSB he didn't know what that was, even when I explained it. They finally replaced ONE caliper- they said the piston was sticking,
    and when they saw that I had red calipers they they wondered how they got to be red!
    (I painted them- go figure) You guessed it - the other one now squeals.
    Toyota doesn't realize how important the dealers are- they are the ones we see and deal with and it doesn't matter how good the Toyota product is- if the dealer is no good
    (and there is no other dealer nearby) your'e out of luck!
    We have 4 Toyotas in the back yard- the only one that goes to the dealer is the one with warranty!

Products Discussed in

To Top