Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Best dealership for lower mainland, BC

Old 12-16-2008, 09:34 AM   #1
KRich is on a distinguished road
KRich's Tacoma Gallery
Best dealership for lower mainland, BC

Hi all,

Looking to start a relationship with a dealership in Greater Vancouver area (I live in Burnaby) and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? I won't probably make it there until the New Year and will be looking to get some minor warrantied (I freakin' hope) work done. Thanks!
Old 12-16-2008, 09:47 AM   #2
Okkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to behold

Okkine's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the forum. I haven't had need to have my truck serviced yet, but I wound up buying it at Jim Pattison on the north shore. I liked the service there, and I'll probably wind up taking it there for any warranty work (unless/until they give me a reason not to). Open Road Toyota in Maple Ridge might be a little closer to you (depending on what part of Burnaby you're in). They weren't in the mood to sell a truck when I was there, but they had a good selection of Tacomas on their lot, so their mechanics probably have a little more experience with them.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:52 PM   #3
Dave Russell is on a distinguished road
Dave Russell's Tacoma Gallery
The dealer makes all the difference in the world! It's like having a good neighbor or a bad one. My brakes squealed when backing up- my dealer said (3 times) "they all do that-right off the truck". Brilliant! When I mentioned TSB he didn't know what that was, even when I explained it. They finally replaced ONE caliper- they said the piston was sticking,
and when they saw that I had red calipers they they wondered how they got to be red!
(I painted them- go figure) You guessed it - the other one now squeals.
Toyota doesn't realize how important the dealers are- they are the ones we see and deal with and it doesn't matter how good the Toyota product is- if the dealer is no good
(and there is no other dealer nearby) your'e out of luck!
We have 4 Toyotas in the back yard- the only one that goes to the dealer is the one with warranty!