1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Did some mod's today

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by longbow, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Dec 16, 2008 at 12:18 PM
    longbow

longbow [OP] I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Well I didn't take pic's cause these are in the Mods section. I love mod's but when it comes to hooking wires up....nope....not for me, and my luck I would blow the battery.
    In any case hoosiertaco came up my way and we did the fog light mod, and the defrost w/o A/C mod. Everything work with no issues, then went and grabbed something to eat.
    Pretty slick, and doing a mod with a fellow TW member is TOPS.
    Thanks hoosiertaco for the fellowship and help.

2. Dec 16, 2008 at 12:32 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Good to hear!

3. Dec 16, 2008 at 12:38 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    2 mods I would like to do but lack the nerve. Great job hoosier.

4. Dec 16, 2008 at 12:48 PM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Great to lend a hand to you my friend. Enjoyed the fellowship as well.:)

On another note; The pics of longbows ride don't do it justice. I wish you all could see it in person, it is one sweet ride folks. Looks and rides like a brand new truck. No regrets to all that helped talk him in to not selling it.

Hey 'bow thanks for lunch and the 'goody bag' too!:D

5. Dec 16, 2008 at 12:56 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    When the time comes I am ready to jump on yours.
    If you go with that grill I have got the PERFECT hand saw, very fine tooth, cuts like a knife.

6. Dec 16, 2008 at 12:58 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    I felt the same way,......wire..huh...fuse box....NOT. But after seeing what he did, I am very comfortable in doing it.
    Matter of fact I will be making a call and helping another buddy out with these mods.

7. Dec 16, 2008 at 1:03 PM
    oldtacomaguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    I wish I was closer, I'd have do mine and take you to lunch.

8. Dec 16, 2008 at 1:14 PM
    gavonder

gavonder She's Kickass!

Member:
    Ct
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    Sunroof, Leer Cap w/ Thule rack, Factory Running Boards, Fog Light Mod, Hood Struts, Scangauge, w/homemade mirror mount, AC/Defrost mod, Rear Spring TSB, TRD Center Caps
    I would be up for this. I have done the fog light mod, and would like to do the AC/defrost mod (I just haven't looked into it yet).

If you are up for checking it out, I am in Bethel, Ct. We could meet.

GA

9. Dec 16, 2008 at 1:20 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    On doing the A/C mod, it help to have two people. We also come up with a little different approach.
    Right after you put the wire in to release the clip (holding the wire), pull just a little, then from the top of the open area you can take a dental tool and pull it the rest of the way back (removing wire with clip).
    hoosiertaco chime in on this, I do believe I covered it, but correct me if I am wrong or missed something.

10. Dec 16, 2008 at 1:23 PM
    oldtacomaguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    Thanks, PM sent.

11. Dec 16, 2008 at 1:54 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    great to hear ya'll had a fun modding day!!!

12. Dec 16, 2008 at 2:36 PM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yeah I believe that gets it. Just to clarify....the open area is the area where you take off the white clip. If you look at the write up you will see where you have to remove the white clip. Just be sure to put your dental tool, or whatever kind of small hook, right on the metal clip where the wire is crimped in the terminal end.

The first person will hold the plug with a release tool in the plug to help release the wire while also pushing the clip out with the dental tool. The second person can use a pair of needlenose pliers to gently pull on the wire. It is kind of difficult to get out.

If you tear up the wire, don't worry, you still have full operation of everything. You just won't have the A/C with the 2 defrost selections. Which is what you are after anyway.

I guess we should have taken a picture......note to self(I'm a rookie modder)....if you find another or more helpful way, take a pic....:frusty: lesson learned.....

Products Discussed in

To Top