Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Vehicle/Roof top tents

Old 03-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
ACLakey is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
ACLakey's Tacoma Gallery
Vehicle/Roof top tents

Does anybody here have experience with Vehicle/Roof Top tents?

http://www.cascadiatents.com/Welcome.htm?m=1

I would like to do something similar to the picture below with a removable bed mounted platform.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
BCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
BCTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACLakey View Post
Does anybody here have experience with Vehicle/Roof Top tents?

http://www.cascadiatents.com/Welcome.htm?m=1

I would like to do something similar to the picture below with a removable bed mounted platform.

I'd like to do the same thing. I'm calling CVT saturday for more info.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
ACLakey is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
ACLakey's Tacoma Gallery
I found these on another site...what a great setup!

Old 03-31-2012, 02:06 AM   #4
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
I've got an ARB Simpson III mounted on a Thule Xsporter rack. I have a few pics on here somewhere. You can mount it low on the bed rail or you can mount it higher with a rack like mine which is adjustable. I have mine up high so I can use my awning. You won't find many on this site but you will on expedition portal.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:19 AM   #5
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
here are some bed rails you make like. i’m think about some my self. for stuff.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/arm...ails-05-a.html
Old 03-31-2012, 06:01 AM   #6
Taco noob
.28 is on a distinguished road

Name: miguel
.28's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to .28
They are very nice but oh so pricey.. I want one bad...
Old 03-31-2012, 06:11 AM   #7
6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nate
6spdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Check out my rack system. My goal was a removable, low riding rack that I could use for many different accessories.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...rack-idea.html

If you notice on the RTT pictures, most of the racks used are higher off the ground. I see two reasons for this: more storage space in bed, more functionality of attached vestibule on tent. If you use a bed rail mounted system, the vestibule is rendered mostly for overnight gear storage because the head room is reduced.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:51 AM   #8
korslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
korslite's Tacoma Gallery
My wife and I splurged one a Mombasa RTT last spring and spent about 30 nights in it over the summer and we LOVE it. If you can somehow justify the high initial cost you will not be disappointed. Here are a couple pics.

Here is a pic of the rack it is mounted on and a link to the thread with a little more info http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-pictures.html