Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Chrome Door Handles

Old 04-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Chrome Door Handles

Does anyone have chrome door handles on their 2nd gen? Been thinking about getting some, but not sure if they look good or not. Opinions needed!
Old 04-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
I want a Painkiller!
Noslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Noslow100's Tacoma Gallery
I have them. Not by my choice but they were on there when I bought the truck used last year. I plan on sanding and painting them to match the color of the truck. Im not a big fan of the chrome on a silver truck. Thats just me though.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #3
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noslow100 View Post
I have them. Not by my choice but they were on there when I bought the truck used last year. I plan on sanding and painting them to match the color of the truck. Im not a big fan of the chrome on a silver truck. Thats just me though.
I'm not either. I found it's more for the Dodge, Ford trucks that have all the chrome.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #4
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noslow100 View Post
any pics?
Old 04-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #5
Got R Did

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
my neighbor has a red tacoma dbl cab and he went crazy with chrome. He's got chrome door handles, chrome vent visors, chrome tailgate handle and to me it looks like sh**
Old 04-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #6
drubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant future

Air Force: Avionics Craftsman, 33 AMXS, 33 Fighter Wing
Name: Brad
drubacca117's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't even been able to find any for the 2012 (the websites say they won't fit...), but I have seen them on a few trucks and they look nice if you are matching your truck up... (like, it looks dumb if it is the only chrome on the truck, or you have a bunch of off road mods but then have chrome door handles...)
Old 04-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
Got R Did

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
i have a truck accessories store close to my house and they said they could get them for my '12 taco for $69 (they are Brite Chrome brand). I have the chrome bumper and surround grille already
Old 04-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #8
Got R Did

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #9
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
chrome will get you home
Old 04-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #10
Night is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Night's Tacoma Gallery
Chrome Door Handles

I have chrome handles and thats it. My truck is MGM and I think it adds a bit "fashion"
Old 04-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #11
Got R Did

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night View Post
I have chrome handles and thats it. My truck is MGM and I think it adds a bit "fashion"
Looks nice! Thanks for the pic, this helps me alot. Mine is also MGM!
Old 04-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #12
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
That stick on crap looks so tacky and cheap. Might as well throw some stick on side vents to match. I see beanered out dodges and Chevys with this crap on it and it so cheesy. To each their own but I wouldnt pay $5 bucks for those door handle covers.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #13
Night is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Night's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
That stick on crap looks so tacky and cheap. Might as well throw some stick on side vents to match. I see beanered out dodges and Chevys with this crap on it and it so cheesy. To each their own but I wouldnt pay $5 bucks for those door handle covers.

You talking about my truck?

Also OP if you do get them, get the "Putco" brand.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:55 PM   #14
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You talking about my truck?

Also OP if you do get them, get the "Putco" brand.
No
Old 04-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #15

Night's Tacoma Gallery
I personally think some chrome on darker colored vehicles if don't correctly makes it have the finishing touches. But that's just me
Old 04-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #16
Got R Did

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
No
I'll check into those
Old 04-04-2012, 04:56 PM   #17
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
Saw one today on a super white. (see *)

*there is supposed to be smilie with the guy throwing up. Can't find it.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #18

Night's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dYL0n View Post
Saw one today on a super white. (see *)

*there is supposed to be smilie with the guy throwing up. Can't find it.
Bro, can't knock on chrome, you have da rimzor.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #19
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bro, can't knock on chrome, you have da rimzor.

Chrome wheels that come factory on a truck is much different that a $30 eBay add on. Plus, those wheels are the ONLY thing chrome on my truck besides the emblems.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #20

Night's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dYL0n View Post
Chrome wheels that come factory on a truck is much different that a $30 eBay add on. Plus, those wheels are the ONLY thing chrome on my truck besides the emblems.
I paid 60$ for my handles ! Putco