Driver Side Power Window Sticking

Old 04-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
elk340 will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Justin
elk340's Tacoma Gallery
Driver Side Power Window Sticking

Hey guys,
After a thorough search, I found out how to fix my driver side window to keep it from "catching" or "jumping" as it is being rolled up; however, I need a better fix.

If I spray the window track with WD-40, it will fix the issue...for a day or two and then it comes right back. Does anyone have a more permanent or longer lasting solution?

Thanks!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Will the warranty cover it?
Old 04-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #5
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
You need to use a lubricant that is more permanent than WD-40. WD-40 dries up like water within a couple of hours. Use white lithium grease or silicone spray. I use it on window regulators all the time at work.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #6
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Silicone spray is awesome. But as it's so new, I'd still have the dealer take a look.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #7
elk340 will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Justin
elk340's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the insight guys. I took it to the dealer once and they said that the track just needs to be lubed, lubed it, and it worked. Their lube only lasted a couple of days. They said that they get a lot of complaints about the same issues in the '11 model year. I will try the silicone spray one of you mentioned and if that doesn't at least last a week, I will take it back to the dealership and tell them to figure out what the problem is instead of applying bandaids to fix the real issue. It doesn't happen on the passenger side, which is wierd.

Justin
Old 04-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #8
CtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
CtTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Have them replace the window track and regulator under warranty