Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Looking for cheap volant cai replacement filter

Old 04-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
Seandaman is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Seandaman's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for cheap volant cai replacement filter

Just need something while I clean the volant filter. Anyone had any luck with the inexpensive universal fit filters from local parts stores? If so, which one? Thanks
Old 04-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #2
No...me no have no more lemon pledge
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
how much are you looking to spend??
theyre $50 straight from them...when i had mine i pick it up..
Old 04-04-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
Marines:
I've seen some off brand for $ 20. I just need something in there while the volant dries, debated on the power core but it's a little pricey.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seandaman View Post
I've seen some off brand for $ 20. I just need something in there while the volant dries, debated on the power core but it's a little pricey.
u can use one of those spectre filters...thats what i did while it dried (pep boys or o-riellys has them around here)
Old 04-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #5
Marines:
That's what I was thinking. Did it slide far enough over the tube to clamp outside the box?
Old 04-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #6

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's what I was thinking. Did it slide far enough over the tube to clamp outside the box?
yup...its a 3in. fitting on the volant and spectre so its slide true to clamp
Old 04-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #7
Marines:
Cool, I was concerned about it sliding far enough down to be clamp from outside the box. You ever clean your volant with a non volant kit?
Old 04-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #8

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Cool, I was concerned about it sliding far enough down to be clamp from outside the box. You ever clean your volant with a non volant kit?
ya, i used that k & n cleaner stuff...its the same stuff just red
now i have a trd intake
Old 04-05-2012, 07:19 AM   #10
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
One of the reasons I've moved to a dry filter and haven't looked back. You could invest in a ProDry-S cone filter and sell the Volant oiled gauze...
Old 04-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #11
Marines:
volant makes a dry "powercore" but it's pricey