1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Delete

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Keith120286, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Apr 5, 2012 at 5:05 PM
    big sky

big sky Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    All of my trucks and cars have been manuals, naturally I wanted my Tacoma w/ the 6 speed- after a couple of months of not finding what I wanted (this is w/ a dealership looking hard to make a sale!)- they finally just ordered one up from scratch for me :)

I think the 6 speed to automatic Tacoma ratio must be in the 25:1 ratio, maybe higher???? They are tough to find or were for me anyways.

2. Apr 5, 2012 at 5:06 PM
    Doc35

Doc35 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doc
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC MGM TRD Sport Prerunner
    It's really a stretch to consider a 6 foot vs a 5 foot a "long bed", but whatever makes your testosterone rise is good with me.

3. Apr 5, 2012 at 5:49 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I didn't write the Tacoma specs , take your issue up with Toyota

5' = shortbed
    6' = longbed

4. Apr 5, 2012 at 5:52 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    this canadian speaks the truth.

5. Apr 5, 2012 at 6:03 PM
    Doc35

Doc35 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doc
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Most people that think they can drive a manual better than an automatic are only fooling themselves,

6. Apr 5, 2012 at 6:08 PM
    Navigator

Navigator Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport 6spd
    17" American Racing Assaults on 265/70/17 Goodyear AT/S, TRD Exhaust, TRD CAI, Toyota Roof Rack, XM install with antenna out 3rd brake light, Red LED Map Lights, AUX Amber LED rocker switch for LED footwell lights, LUND Bug Screen, EXTANG Tri-Fold Tonneau, Hertz Component Speakers w/ TacoTunes Mounts, Infinity Kappa 4 amp, Image Dynamics 10" sub in TacoTunes enclosure, Pop n' Lock, Toyota Aluminum Wedge Running Boards, BHLM, Self Performed '05 Cowl Leak TSB, E-Z Cool Insulation/Sound Deadener applied to floorboard, headliner, and cab bulkhead, 896 Foglight bulbs as backup lights, Weathertechs, Pioneer Double Din, Scan Gauge, AutoSoft Remote Start, 2010 4Runner Heated/Signal/Puddle Mirrors.
  7. Apr 5, 2012 at 6:08 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    um you can shift faster, if you want and have the ability. you have the ability to change gear when you want. you have the ability to rev-match down shift.

aka you have more control over the vehicle. so yes, on the basis of better vehicle control, I drive an Manual vehicle with more control, and therefore better, than an automatic.

8. Apr 5, 2012 at 6:11 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    actually automatics shift faster

and you can " manually " select the gears

:woot: I hate these threads

Get what you want OP , but you can't get a manual in a DCLB

9. Apr 5, 2012 at 6:12 PM
    Doc35

Doc35 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doc
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    I have nothing to take up with Toyota, five foot vice six foot is technically irrelevant. Sort of like you telling your wife/significant other your six inches compares to my nine inches. But then again, that does mean something. Sucks to be you.....Peter North. LOL

10. Apr 5, 2012 at 6:14 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    a better point would be the whole no cut in power between gears w/ an automatic. that's probably the only good thing about them.

i know you just jelly that the DCLB didn't come with a Manual.

my dad has a DCLB too and he is also sad about that.

11. Apr 5, 2012 at 6:15 PM
    kimo

kimo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Knuckle Head
    Kauai
    Vehicle:
    09 Super White TRD Sport DCLB 4X4!
    My wife loves my stick....enough said. Go Manual !

12. Apr 5, 2012 at 6:26 PM
    iroh

iroh Well-Known Member

Member:
    michigander
    Vehicle:
    07 AC SR5 2.7 5MT 4x4
    tonneau
    Well since you've already driven the 6 speed you know what you'd be getting into. I abhor driving automatics and truth be told the 5 speed is one of the few I could tolerate. I like the Tundra's six speed better but that's beside the point.

You'd have a mileage advantage when not pulling a trailer with the auto. Going up and down hills with a trailer on the manual might be a little less stressful.

It sure was a conundrum from Toyota - 6 speed in all X-runners, all 6 speeds get the 3500# tow rating, the automatic gets the towing package and the 6500# rating--- and they made the 6 speed's 3rd through 6th gears real close just for *ding ding* pulling heavier trailers. Ugh.

13. Apr 5, 2012 at 6:26 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    If the DCLB came with a manual , that's probably what I would have bought . I drove a manual 1990 Ranger for 14 years before buying this truck . Having said that , I'm not sure I would buy a manual truck again , I like the auto in my truck , shift when I feel like it , don't shift when I don't feel like it .

14. Apr 5, 2012 at 6:32 PM
    Doc35

Doc35 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doc
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    That really nails it down, eh?

15. Apr 5, 2012 at 6:34 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    You're going backwards through the thread ? Are you that bored ?

16. Apr 5, 2012 at 6:36 PM
    Navigator

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport 6spd
    17" American Racing Assaults on 265/70/17 Goodyear AT/S, TRD Exhaust, TRD CAI, Toyota Roof Rack, XM install with antenna out 3rd brake light, Red LED Map Lights, AUX Amber LED rocker switch for LED footwell lights, LUND Bug Screen, EXTANG Tri-Fold Tonneau, Hertz Component Speakers w/ TacoTunes Mounts, Infinity Kappa 4 amp, Image Dynamics 10" sub in TacoTunes enclosure, Pop n' Lock, Toyota Aluminum Wedge Running Boards, BHLM, Self Performed '05 Cowl Leak TSB, E-Z Cool Insulation/Sound Deadener applied to floorboard, headliner, and cab bulkhead, 896 Foglight bulbs as backup lights, Weathertechs, Pioneer Double Din, Scan Gauge, AutoSoft Remote Start, 2010 4Runner Heated/Signal/Puddle Mirrors.
    Says the guy with 40,000 posts on the board.

Joking......I'm addicted too! :D

17. Apr 5, 2012 at 6:40 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Auto. Ability to select the gears you want, better fuel economy, no squeaky clutch, you can still drive it missing half your limbs, no throw out bearing issues, and the A750F ripped out of the 4.7L V8 so it's super beefy for the 4.0L.

18. Apr 5, 2012 at 6:41 PM
    Doc35

Doc35 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doc
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    No, that confident of my opinion.

I can't sit here 24/7 and monitor the responses like some.....however I am confident of my opinions. Thank God I'm not canadian.

19. Apr 5, 2012 at 6:42 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    I do

20. Apr 5, 2012 at 6:43 PM
    Navigator

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport 6spd
    Now that was uncalled for!!!!!!!!!!!

:canada:

Products Discussed in

To Top