Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Not a good weekend for me in the desert

Old 04-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Not a good weekend for me in the desert

So cruisin down pole line road about 50, hit a pretty big lip sends me flyin through the air and nose dived into the second woop. Airbag deployed and had a bolt make a tiny leak in what i think is the engine block. I had to get towed out back to camp and AAA towed be home. My airbag deployed but didn't hit me. My seatbelt doesn't work anymore. I think it's locked due to the airbag. My fan shroud in the engine bay moved up so the fan rubs but that not that big of a deal. I have drained all the oil and I used this stuff called quick steel and patched the tiny leak. I'll put oil back in her after it hardens to see if it fixed the leak.

My question is how much does a driver side airbag and seatbelt cost from Toyota. They wouldn't tell me without giving them a Vin for carfax.

Oh and i had a go pro on the front bumper when this happened so you can all make fun of me later when you see it...

edit:: video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hf40...ature=youtu.be
Old 04-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Old 04-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #3
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i woulkd check the integrity of the motor mounts at the frame..05+ tacos have a problem with the motor mounts tearing at the frame, i think it was mid year on the 08's before toyota finally addressed that problem. but in all honesty, you might have bigger issues at hand
Old 04-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
I checked the motor mounts and they kinda looked like they may have moved but I don't know. All the bolts and welds on them are fine. I won't know until I get my engine turned back on. The truck ran fine after the incident but I did notice some vibration at idle..which would point me to the motor mounts
Old 04-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #5
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondog View Post
I checked the motor mounts and they kinda looked like they may have moved but I don't know. All the bolts and welds on them are fine. I won't know until I get my engine turned back on. The truck ran fine after the incident but I didn't notice some vibration at idle..which would point me to the motor mounts
sometimes if the fan is rubbing on the shroud will be a clear indication that the mounts have shifted, or even an indication of a bent frame
Old 04-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #6
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Damn man, I hope everything goes well.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #7
Power Top

DMZ has a kit to beef up the motor mounts..they will also repair motor mounts and torn frames if you need it done..just food for thought
Old 04-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #8
seric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
seric007's Tacoma Gallery
i'd call my insurance. you probably totaled the truck.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #9
Colossians 3:2
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ethan
PreRunner03's Tacoma Gallery

Glad you are okay! I would have needed a new pair of pants!
Old 04-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #10
your TW web developer!

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
When I landed my driver side tire smashed the whole wheel well up...as if I didn't have bump stops and that's why the shroud is rubbing. The truck is not totaled.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #11
Super Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Grayson
Super Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that sucks. got any pics of the damage?
Old 04-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #12
Power Top

Quote:
When I landed my driver side tire smashed the whole wheel well up...as if I didn't have bump stops and that's why the shroud is rubbing. The truck is not totaled.
the inner core support is possibly damaged...sounds like a good excuse for an engine cage
Old 04-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #13
your TW web developer!

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
I'll post some up in tw live right now
Old 04-08-2012, 02:30 PM   #14
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
I demand footage please. Sorry about the truck. I doubt its totaled. Even if the motor mounts got tweaked, those can be fixed. The shitty part is finding the new airbags and such.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #15
your TW web developer!

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
I demand footage please. Sorry about the truck. I doubt its totaled. Even if the motor mounts got tweaked, those can be fixed. The shitty part is finding the new airbags and such.
my thoughts exactly..the pics are slowly coming through TW live but ill post them here too
Old 04-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #16
your TW web developer!

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
hey monkey proof I saw your message in the live thread. I agree. the front diff mount bolt is what made the crack in the engine..and here are the rest of the pics. I cant really get one of the drive side motor mount

Old 04-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #17
Super Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Grayson
Super Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #18
your TW web developer!

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
driver side motor mounts..best i can get...they look ok

Old 04-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #19
your TW web developer!

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

this is where the small leak was...I'm retarded and should have taken a before pic..anyway that putty is that quicksteel..its pretty hard. I made a little extra into a ball and its been almost an hour and I cant even break it with a hammer. I'm going to have the cut that bolt down a bit that hit it. It has a good half inch of threads sticking past the nut
Old 04-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #20
Power Top

i think you'll be fine, your motor mounts look fine, they arent sunken into the frame and the frame isnt torn at the motor mounts. which it would look like if something catastrophic happened. also looks like you have the updated motor mounts and not the older ones. good luck with getting everything fixed