1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truck rattles when going over bumps with clutch pressed in.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SodakTaco, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Apr 8, 2012 at 6:02 PM
    SodakTaco

SodakTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCab TRD Sport
    Floor mats
    So after my broken oil pan debacle was resolved fairly successfully(sill have a broken bumper:mad:) I have noticed a pretty loud rattling coming from under the truck when I hit bumps and I have the clutch depressed. When the truck is in gear and the clutch is out, everything is nice and tight. I did some searching and I didn't come across a whole lot aside from a couple of no reply threads with the same issue. I haven't tried putting it in neutral with the clutch out yet.

Also, is it normal to hear the clacking from under the truck when changing gears? The feel and operation of the shifter is fine, but you can definitely hear it when you have your windows down.

Thanks for your help.

2. Aug 22, 2013 at 11:24 AM
    dakine144

dakine144 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD TX
    I have a 2013 V6 6spd TX with the same problem. Brought it in to the dealer, and they said it was normal. I wasn't convinced, so I drove another V6 6spd (not TRD, not TX) and it didn't make the noise over bumps. I'm going to take it to another dealer and try again.

3. Jan 6, 2014 at 2:02 PM
    dakine144

dakine144 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD TX
    Took it to City Toyota in Daly City CA and had the problem correctly diagnosed and fixed. Rattle is completely gone. Turns out it was incorrect clearance between a heat shield and the rear diff. They added some spacer washers and it's totally gone. It's like having a brand new truck. Very happy.

4. Jan 6, 2014 at 2:12 PM
    02Duck

02Duck manuals make it better

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 4WD TRD Off Road 6MT
    TRD Exhaust, Mobtown bolt on sliders and aluminum tailgate reinforcement, Reverse lights changed to yellow turn signals, LED pods added for reverse, ADD W1 oil catch can, Total Chaos bed reinforcement, rear diff breather to taillight mod, 12" combo led bars behind lower grill wired to high beams, Toyota led bed light kit, 400 watt anytime mod, SSO slimeline front bumper.

Thanks for the idea, I have had the same problem. The dealer I took mine to said it was normal. Can't wait to get home and take a look at this.

Products Discussed in

To Top