Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

running lights and dome light

Old 04-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
whalenrocks is on a distinguished road
whalenrocks's Tacoma Gallery
running lights and dome light

Hello.

I have owned 3 Tacomas. Recently my 97 4x4 failed the frame inspection. I am heartbroken. Loved the truck and I am not thrilled with the "digital" tacomas now. I like a truck to be a truck. Long story short I just bought a 2012 4x4.

I have a few questions.
How can i stop the running lights from coming on when my truck is running and idling. If I am in a parking lot, allowing my truck to warm up, I don't want lights on. How can I turn those off or bypass them?

next..I hate the dome light staying on after i close the door. Is there any way around that?

Any and all info is appreciated.

thanks.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Hello and welcome to Tw...

For the day time running lights, You can remove the relay to not make them come on anymore
For the dome light, it only stays on for 30 seconds after the doors are closed I'm not sure why it's that bad...they also turn off as soon as you lock the truck
Old 04-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
wado66 is on a distinguished road
wado66's Tacoma Gallery
To disable the daytime running lights while the car is idling, just engage the parking brake a click or two before you start the vehicle.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #4
Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
Hello and welcome to Tw...

For the day time running lights, You can remove the relay to not make them come on anymore
For the dome light, it only stays on for 30 seconds after the doors are closed I'm not sure why it's that bad...they also turn off as soon as you lock the truck

Where is this Relay located? Thank You
Old 10-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #5
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Where is this Relay located? Thank You
under the dash behind the knee fuse box

hit up csjumper2003 and he will tell you exactly