best way to wire from cabin to engine bay

Old 04-09-2012, 10:44 PM   #1
shedup bish!
JaimeDawg is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jaime
JaimeDawg's Tacoma Gallery
best way to wire from cabin to engine bay

whats the best way to wire something from my engine bay to the cabin under the dash.. which will be well hidden. ill be installing leds on my 2011..any info will help

thanks
Old 04-09-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
Look at your fuseblock in the eng bay and follow it to the rubber grommet in the firewall and run the wire through there and up under the dash
Old 04-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #3
shedup bish!

Law Enforcement:
alright ill take a look at it tomorrow.

thanks
Old 04-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #4
Blueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Blueberry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFA View Post
Look at your fuseblock in the eng bay and follow it to the rubber grommet in the firewall and run the wire through there and up under the dash
That's how I did it. That's your wire loom firewall boot. I used a metal hanger and taped the wire to it and threaded it through the boot from the engine bay. Once you get that first wire through any additional wires seem to thread through with less effort.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:12 AM   #5
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
That's how I did it. That's your wire loom firewall boot. I used a metal hanger and taped the wire to it and threaded it through the boot from the engine bay. Once you get that first wire through any additional wires seem to thread through with less effort.
I jsut stabbed the grommet meat with a knife and shimmied the wires I needed that way using a stiff pilot wire cause I was too last to go find a coathanger lol but anything will work really its fairly simple
Old 04-10-2012, 12:13 AM   #6
Blueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Blueberry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFA View Post
I jsut stabbed the grommet meat with a knife and shimmied the wires I needed that way using a stiff pilot wire cause I was too last to go find a coathanger lol but anything will work really its fairly simple
LOL! Nothing wrong with the brute force method either.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:13 AM   #7
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery

taken from here

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...on-detail.html
Old 04-10-2012, 03:11 AM   #8
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
LOL! Nothing wrong with the brute force method either.
That's what I used when I jammed my coax cable through there... Of course a little soap would of helped. Funny how I thought about it after the fact. lol
Old 04-10-2012, 03:19 AM   #9
He said "Member," ahuh huh
Appljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
Appljaxx's Tacoma Gallery
Since we are on the subject. Sort of.... What's the best way to get from the cab to the bed, I need to run a coax for my cb antenna?
Old 04-10-2012, 03:25 AM   #10
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
there is a rubber grummet between the cab and the bed just on the left it comes in where youre truck jack tools are if you need pictures of how i did mine i can post them
Old 04-10-2012, 03:29 AM   #11
Appljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamtoz View Post
there is a rubber grummet between the cab and the bed just on the left it comes in where youre truck jack tools are if you need pictures of how i did mine i can post them
You would be the man for that.

Sorry for jacking your thread Jamie.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:36 AM   #12
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
ok ill take the pictures as soon as i get back from the job
Old 04-10-2012, 03:41 AM   #13
brny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Bill
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
tnx guys this will help 4 future mods
Old 04-10-2012, 04:54 AM   #14
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
When I had my antenna mounted off the box I ran the coax through a rubber grommet underneath the drivers seat.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #15
shedup bish!

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appljaxx View Post
You would be the man for that.

Sorry for jacking your thread Jamie.
lol no worries..I got the info i needed
Old 04-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #17
frog

jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
on the first picture i am pointing at the place were the hole with the rubber is
on the second one you can see were it comes in, i sealed it with flextra kinda of a messy job but you cant see it from youre house so its all good
on the third one im pointing at were you have to pass it, might have to unclip the triming a bit
then you unscrew the kicking board and put it underneath it
then i point at were my wire is going under the carpet
for the power i hooked it on a 15 amp accesory fuse so when i turn the key off the cb goes off(some people put it on the lights fuse or something and it always stays on)
Attached Thumbnails
best way to wire from cabin to engine bay-photo13.jpg   best way to wire from cabin to engine bay-photo11.jpg   best way to wire from cabin to engine bay-photo12.jpg   best way to wire from cabin to engine bay-photo9.jpg   best way to wire from cabin to engine bay-photo10.jpg  

Old 04-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamtoz View Post
on the first picture i am pointing at the place were the hole with the rubber is
on the second one you can see were it comes in, i sealed it with flextra kinda of a messy job but you cant see it from youre house so its all good
on the third one im pointing at were you have to pass it, might have to unclip the triming a bit
then you unscrew the kicking board and put it underneath it
then i point at were my wire is going under the carpet
for the power i hooked it on a 15 amp accesory fuse so when i turn the key off the cb goes off(some people put it on the lights fuse or something and it always stays on)
+1. thanks a bunch.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #19
frog

jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
my pleasure, if you have other question just ask