Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Drivers giving left leg a cramp?

Old 04-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #1
saaavage is on a distinguished road
saaavage's Tacoma Gallery
Drivers giving left leg a cramp?

Its the strangest thing, if I sit in my drivers seat (05 DBL CAB) for even like 5-10 minutes I get this knot/cramp thing right smack in the middle of my hamstring. It doesnt happen when I sit in other vehicles (4runner my wife has) in either the driver or passenger. Literally only happens in my own truck....

Does anyone else have this at all?
I do workout alot and am relatively muscular esp in the legs (235 lbs) but if anything the amount of muscle I thought would help shield from these issues not exacerbate....
Old 04-10-2012, 06:43 AM   #2
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
The only time my leg bothers me is if im in a lot of stop and go traffic (clutch)
Do you extend your leg out and rest your foot on the dead pedal or do you keep it more bent and your foot closer to the seat?
Old 04-10-2012, 07:42 AM   #3
badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shed
badger's Tacoma Gallery
As Johnny said, your foot should rest on the dead pedal. The dead pedal should really be adjustable, like a lot of things. I built mine up a bit to get the fit right. That takes some of the weight off your thigh at the seat edge. Also look at the seat angle. It may not be right for your build. The ergonomics in these trucks is one size fits all (no one). I've had to modify the shift lever, clutch pedal, dead pedal, seat height, and seat angle to make my truck fit.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #4
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same issue. I get it in a lot of vehicles but definately worse in Tacomas. The lumbar is not so good, I use an additional lumbar pad and it helps a little. Mine is due to back issues that I have been trying to sort out. I had spinal injections a few weeks ago and it has helped, hurt like hell though. Right where the muscle on the butt attaches to the low back I have a little cyst they found and it is right where the hard spot in the seat it and causes additional pressure/nerve numbing or tingling and pain in leg. I am almost certain that is where my issue comes from and will know soon when the cyst is removed. Just a thought, I have been tryin to sore this out for a long time and this is what I have come up with.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:55 AM   #5
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
The TRD seat side bolsters are a little tall for some people. I get this after an hour or two and have to side shift my butt around a bit in the seat.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #6
well i am glad i am not the only one!

Shifting the dead pedal height might be a great idea-
I too have the spinal injections and get them every few mos....

I am assuming there is no well known substitute seat (like a mod for switching out seats) that people have by and large said is themost comfortable....?
Old 04-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #7
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Also, take your wallet out of your back pocket. Your hip is probably higher on one side now due to years of the wallet in the back pocket. I know mine gets shifted pretty bad if I keep it there.
Go to the chiro and have them look at your hips. Might take an adjustment or two to get it back to normal.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #8
Easily Replaceable Member
elmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
elmo7's Tacoma Gallery
These seats suck for adjustability.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #9
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
No issue with mine. My previous vehicle always bothered my legs due to amount of leg room, or lack there of.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:41 AM   #10
Fear no fish
tuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud of

Name: Tucker
tuckdaddy's Tacoma Gallery
I've never had problems with mine either. taking the wallet out of your back pocket helps a lot especially when driving for long periods of time.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #11
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
Also, take your wallet out of your back pocket. Your hip is probably higher on one side now due to years of the wallet in the back pocket. I know mine gets shifted pretty bad if I keep it there.
Go to the chiro and have them look at your hips. Might take an adjustment or two to get it back to normal.
This makes me think of seinfeld when georges wallet is like six inches thick haha.
I find myself taking my wallet out for long trips, but back and forth to work i do fine.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:51 AM   #12
I have tried messing with the lumbar support...to no avail...
I am surprised there is no mod for that...
Old 04-11-2012, 07:03 AM   #14
Young Gun
MLB YOTA has a spectacular aura aboutMLB YOTA has a spectacular aura about

Name: Marshall
MLB YOTA's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know if this will help any or not but thought I would post it. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...mfortable.html
Old 04-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB YOTA View Post
I don't know if this will help any or not but thought I would post it. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...mfortable.html

THAT IS actually pretty interesting but I have teh bucket seats...

If anything I remember reading somewhere about someone swapping out a Honda sedan seat or something...???
And saying it was extremely comfortable...

I cant seem to find that thread/information....

Also, the thought of an airbag exploding RIGHT next to your head while being all studious and quiet and be goin' about your bizzness trying to fix yo' seat is enough to make me want to cry
Old 04-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #16
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
i do get a little sore after a long drive, but there aren't too many seats I can stay in for longer than an hour or two. I'm so restless when i'm driving you'd think I had RLS hahahaha. Can't keep my legs still for very long at all when i'm driving

as far as the cramps go, you're a lifter, and im sure you know a bit about nutrition, should go w/out saying, have a banana on deck, potassium in it will kill the cramps with in 10 minutes
Old 04-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #17
Taco Sauce
Yota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of lightYota Toy is a glorious beacon of light
Yota Toy's Tacoma Gallery
It happens to me sometimes but I found out it was my wallet! If I take out my wallet I have much less discomfort, and I always do this for trips lasting more than 30 minutes or so...
Old 04-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #18
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
The only time my leg bothers me is if im in a lot of stop and go traffic (clutch)
Do you extend your leg out and rest your foot on the dead pedal or do you keep it more bent and your foot closer to the seat?
same for me

OP

if you rest your left foot on the dead pedal and your right on the gas, your feet will be a different lengths, correct?

I keep my leg pulled closer to the seat rather than on the pedal. If i keep my foot on the dead pedal, it will get a little sore from it. Maybe try just changing where you keep your foot while you drive?
Old 04-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #20
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by saaavage View Post
THAT IS actually pretty interesting but I have teh bucket seats...

If anything I remember reading somewhere about someone swapping out a Honda sedan seat or something...???
And saying it was extremely comfortable...

I cant seem to find that thread/information....

Also, the thought of an airbag exploding RIGHT next to your head while being all studious and quiet and be goin' about your bizzness trying to fix yo' seat is enough to make me want to cry
You could do the same thing with the buckets - pull it out - remove the steel & bamboo reinforcing rods, and permanently install improved lumbar support pads.