Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TRD seats stained are they worth it?

Old 04-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
Coolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Coolerman's Tacoma Gallery
TRD seats stained are they worth it?

I have been looking to upgrade to the TRD bucket seats from my standard SR5 buckets. I found a pair that look to be in decent shape but I cant inspect them in person as they are out of state. I can get these for $400 shipped which seems like a good deal. They do appear to have some stains. What do you think? Can I get the stains out, is it worth it to spend the 400?
Attached Thumbnails
TRD seats stained are they worth it?-trdseat1.jpg   TRD seats stained are they worth it?-trdseat2.jpg   TRD seats stained are they worth it?-trdseat3.jpg  
Old 04-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Not liking the stains. I would wait for a better set. Either that or just get some wet okles for your current seats.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #4
Easily Replaceable Member
elmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
elmo7's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't buy unless I could see and smell em in person. And IMO, they're just not all that.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #5
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
TRD seats are so much more comfortable than the standard, ask the seller to lower the price due to stains & buy seat covers.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #6
brny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Bill
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
this^^^^
Old 04-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #7
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegdog View Post
TRD seats are so much more comfortable than the standard, ask the seller to lower the price due to stains & buy seat covers.
this^^^

and I would be worried more about smell than stains, if they don't smell, then I would do it. (I know that you can't inspect them yourself)

Just put seat covers on them
Old 04-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #8
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Jeff
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
These seats are worth it. Pull the trigger!
Old 04-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #9
Dangerous
ronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
ronman737's Tacoma Gallery
Is it possible to fit 2nd gen seats in a first gen?
Old 04-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #10
ShaneG is on a distinguished road
Navy: SCPO / P-3 Aircrew
Name: Shane
ShaneG's Tacoma Gallery
Where are the seats? Post where they are located and maybe a local forum member can swing by and check them out, give 'em the smell test for ya.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #11
JTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeryck
JTyfz450's Tacoma Gallery
There's always the option of getting the seat covers, but smell them first of course. They look like someone laid some good farts on them! Good detail shops can get most, if not all, the stains out.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #12
Tuctaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Todd
Tuctaco's Tacoma Gallery
You can always get these seat covers.
Attached Thumbnails
TRD seats stained are they worth it?-leather2-20002.jpg   TRD seats stained are they worth it?-leather2-20005.jpg   TRD seats stained are they worth it?-leather2-20008.jpg   TRD seats stained are they worth it?-leather2-20012.jpg  
Old 04-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #13
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronman737 View Post
Is it possible to fit 2nd gen seats in a first gen?
Of course it is. With fabrication. No seat directly bolts to the first gen rail system.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #14
Coolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I called them back and the guy I spoke with says they don't smell bad. Hopefully he has a decent sense of smell. The stains look like general work truck usage, greasy food and dirt so Im hoping they will clean up. They have less than 60K on them, for reference my current seats just hit 130K. The owner who could potentially lower the price wont be in until tomorrow morning so I have to speak with him in the AM. Wish me luck, if he wont come down on the price I may still get them anyhow. Worst case scenario Ill throw some Wet Okole's on them when I have a few spare dollars.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #15
Dangerous
ronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
ronman737's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Of course it is. With fabrication. No seat directly bolts to the first gen rail system.
Would it just require drilling holes? I would probably need to make shims and such to level them out. 4 runner seats of the same gen wouldnt bolt in?
OP looks like there were some shweaty crotches on those badboys. There is a guy selling some 2nd gen seats on craigslist here in greenville.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #16
jdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jdtemple's Tacoma Gallery
Tag
Old 04-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #17
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronman737 View Post
4 runner seats of the same gen wouldnt bolt in?
I would pursue 3rd gen 4runner seats before looking at other options. There were some cushy 4runners.

My second gen seat brackets look pretty close to other toyota products that I have owned and driven. I bet it wouldn't be too bad to swap.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #18
Toyota Dealer Technician
1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
1GR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to 1GR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuctaco View Post
Where can i get these?
Old 04-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #19
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GR View Post
Where can i get these?
Katskin.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:11 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuctaco View Post
Very nice looking leather. Did you have this done at an apholstry shop or are they covers that you ordered?
Nevermind, I see that you just responded Katskin. Looks nice and expensive. How much does something like that set you back?