1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OEM Bed Inverter Installation

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by foxmotox7, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Apr 12, 2012 at 6:21 PM
    foxmotox7

foxmotox7 [OP] We'll see said the zen master

Member:
    First Name:
    Fox
    Goin where the wind don't blow so strange
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD-OR
    aFe Pro Dry Filter; Weathertech Digital Fit Mats; BFG AT/TA KO 265-75-16; Weatherguard Black Saddle Box; Truxedo Tonneau Cover; DeeZee Bed Mat; AVH-4300DVD w/ SiriusXM, Backup Camera; AMP Moto X-Tender; Adventure Truck Tent
    Apologies if this has been discussed in a previous post. I searched and couldn't find it. Feel free to redirect me and delete thread if it has.

I currently own a 2005 SW TRD OR AC. I am trading up for a 2009 MGM SR5 DCLB. My question is can the OEM bed outlet be installed on an SR5. I can remove the inverter from my TRD prior to trading it in. I know alot of times our trucks are pre-wired for different options and it's just a matter of the manufacturer including it. Has anyone else looked into this? I can't imagine I'm the only one who has ever thought of doing this. I know it's only 400 watt and I can install a larger one inside the truck with minimal effort, but I do find it very convenient for camping, dirt bike riding, and such. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks mates

2. Apr 13, 2012 at 2:04 AM
    foxmotox7

Member:
    First Name:
    Fox
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD-OR
    aFe Pro Dry Filter; Weathertech Digital Fit Mats; BFG AT/TA KO 265-75-16; Weatherguard Black Saddle Box; Truxedo Tonneau Cover; DeeZee Bed Mat; AVH-4300DVD w/ SiriusXM, Backup Camera; AMP Moto X-Tender; Adventure Truck Tent
  3. Apr 13, 2012 at 5:40 AM
    floridaoccifer

floridaoccifer Civil Servant

Member:
  4. Apr 13, 2012 at 6:00 AM
    Maticuno

Maticuno Resident Pine Swine

Member:
    California High Deserts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Suburban 2500
    JBA Shorty Headers, Flowmaster FlowFX Sing/Dual Exhaust
    If you're going to go through the hassle of this project, it would be better to install a more powerful aftermarket inverter, preferably one that produces a pure sine wave. In the long run I think it would be less involved.

5. Apr 13, 2012 at 3:06 PM
    foxmotox7

Member:
    First Name:
    Fox
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD-OR
    That's precisely my question. Will it be a hassle or are the SR5's pre-wired? I have all the parts, so it would be $0 out of pocket.

6. Apr 13, 2012 at 3:26 PM
    Maticuno

Maticuno Resident Pine Swine

Member:
    California High Deserts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Suburban 2500
    JBA Shorty Headers, Flowmaster FlowFX Sing/Dual Exhaust
    We'll have to wait for someone with a little more experience to comment on whether the SR5s are pre-wired for the inverter or not. Even if it was, I would still rather put in a better, higher quality inverter, wires, and plugs.

Products Discussed in

To Top