Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

5100 install light on

Old 04-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #1
txfisherman76 has much to be proud oftxfisherman76 has much to be proud oftxfisherman76 has much to be proud oftxfisherman76 has much to be proud oftxfisherman76 has much to be proud oftxfisherman76 has much to be proud oftxfisherman76 has much to be proud oftxfisherman76 has much to be proud oftxfisherman76 has much to be proud oftxfisherman76 has much to be proud of
Name: Bret
txfisherman76's Tacoma Gallery
5100 install light on

ok sorry if this is a repost but I searched and didnt find anything. but I installed the front bilstein 5100 on my truck today. Everything drives fine except for the allignment which is gonna be done tomorrow. my truck is throwing up a light, i attached a picture of it. the light dosent come on a soon as i start the truck i have to drive it like half a mile and it comes on. the book says that it has something to do with the traction control and i checked each sensor on each side and they are fine. im just wondering if it has something to do with the alignment being off so bad or if one of my sensors messed up while instaling the shocks. i also installed the shocks by dropping the control arm like in one of the videos on here, if that helps at all.
Attached Thumbnails
5100 install light on-005.jpg  
Old 04-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfisherman76 View Post
ok sorry if this is a repost but I searched and didnt find anything. but I installed the front bilstein 5100 on my truck today. Everything drives fine except for the allignment which is gonna be done tomorrow. my truck is throwing up a light, i attached a picture of it. the light dosent come on a soon as i start the truck i have to drive it like half a mile and it comes on. the book says that it has something to do with the traction control and i checked each sensor on each side and they are fine. im just wondering if it has something to do with the alignment being off so bad or if one of my sensors messed up while instaling the shocks. i also installed the shocks by dropping the control arm like in one of the videos on here, if that helps at all.
Check all of your abs wires. Did you let the wires support the calipers? What did you set thr billys at?
Old 04-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
it might go away when it is aligned
Old 04-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #5
txfisherman76 has much to be proud oftxfisherman76 has much to be proud oftxfisherman76 has much to be proud oftxfisherman76 has much to be proud oftxfisherman76 has much to be proud oftxfisherman76 has much to be proud oftxfisherman76 has much to be proud oftxfisherman76 has much to be proud oftxfisherman76 has much to be proud oftxfisherman76 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
Check all of your abs wires. Did you let the wires support the calipers? What did you set thr billys at?
i set them at 2.5 and i just checked where it connected to caliber didnt really follow the wires as high as i could see them, and the wires supported the calipers as soon as i disconnected it but then moved it so the wires werent supporting the calipers.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #6
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
i set them at 2.5 and i just checked where it connected to caliber didnt really follow the wires as high as i could see them, and the wires supported the calipers as soon as i disconnected it but then moved it so the wires werent supporting the calipers.
What kind of coils?
Old 04-13-2012, 06:25 AM   #7
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
The wires to the ABS sensor are tiny and easily broken. I did it when I installed 5100s in my previous Tacoma. I ended up having to build my own ABS sensor wire by splicing the ends on and running new wire.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:48 AM   #8
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
Vehicle stability control (VSC) Calibration
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VSC Calibration .pdf (152.0 KB, 64 views)
Old 04-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #9
BADASS
60guy is on a distinguished road

Army: UH-60/C-12/RC-12 Pilot
Name: Dustin
60guy's Tacoma Gallery
What PSU taco85 said. I did the same thing, and it was around $125 to get it fixed at the dealer...
Old 04-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #10
ok so I took the truck to get it alligned and the light went off so im guessing that the light was beause of the allignment.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #11
revised
Cool.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #12
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok so I took the truck to get it alligned and the light went off so im guessing that the light was beause of the allignment.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #13
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
No. It was because of the VSC. There isn;t a sensor for alignment, that would be too simple.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #14
Wishin' I was Fishin'
landphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

landphil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamfast View Post
No. It was because of the VSC. There isn;t a sensor for alignment, that would be too simple.
The alignment was the cure. The VSC sytem has a steering angle sensor on the column, and if the steering wheel is not straight when the truck drives straight due to misalignment, the VSC will log a fault code and turn the light on.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #15
pghpete is on a distinguished road
Name: Pete
pghpete's Tacoma Gallery
trdsurgie did you paint your 885's red or did you buy them that way? they look sick red
Old 05-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #16
revised
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghpete View Post
trdsurgie did you paint your 885's red or did you buy them that way? they look sick red
Paintd them red. Thanks.