Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 TRD Cold Air Intake availability

Old 05-28-2012, 06:27 AM   #21
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
I'd get a urd again except one time I was driving in sideways rain and I swear the truck almost stalled. Other than that the urd seemed to make the truck respond better. A lot quicker response when you pressed the gas.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #22
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S7ICKlVlAN View Post
URD FTW.....I doubt even the finished TRD will be as good an upgrade as the current URD offering. Just my 2 cents.
i love mine! i will post pics soon
Old 06-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #23
xazxinfamous will become famous soon enough
xazxinfamous's Tacoma Gallery
you guys think the airaid is worth it for possible mpg gains?
Old 06-28-2012, 07:53 AM   #24
fafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
fafafahey's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to fafafahey
I was at the Toyota dealer today to order my 2012 supercharger. At the parts counter, I saw the newly released 2012 Tacoma Accessories catalog. The TRD CAI is listed, with an asterisk:

*Due to extensive product certification requirements, this product's estimated availability date is Winter 2012.

My Airaid CAI will be here tomorrow....
Old 06-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #25
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafafahey View Post
I was at the Toyota dealer today to order my 2012 supercharger. At the parts counter, I saw the newly released 2012 Tacoma Accessories catalog. The TRD CAI is listed, with an asterisk:

*Due to extensive product certification requirements, this product's estimated availability date is Winter 2012.

My Airaid CAI will be here tomorrow....
The new TRD sucks anyway.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:31 AM   #26
Xander71 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
Xander71's Tacoma Gallery
New airaid 20122012 TRD Cold Air Intake availability-imageuploadedbytapatalk1340972891.628848.jpg
Old 09-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #27
fafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I called TRD again today (been calling quarterly) and asked for a release date for 2012+ TRD CAI. The TRD accessories catalog lists that it will be released in the Fall of 2012. They still have no exact release date. I said, how about a release "year"? (only somewhat sarcastically). They could not even commit to being done by the end of the year.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:51 AM   #28
Xander71 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
Xander71's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a problem with the airaid cai squealing at 60-70 mph?
Old 11-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #29
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Any updates on the TRD intake?
Old 11-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #30

Another TRD CAI thread states that they may not even make one for '12-'13 now....giving up on them.

Thanks to radiagojr, just found out the Volant is available for '12 and '13....ordered one with the ram air scoop:

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiagojr
Volant 185406 cold air intake available now for the 2012-2013 model.just ordered mine for $279

http://store.newlevelmotorsports.com/38240.html
Old 11-16-2012, 04:55 AM   #31
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Another TRD CAI thread states that they may not even make one for '12-'13 now....giving up on them.

Thanks to radiagojr, just found out the Volant is available for '12 and '13....ordered one with the ram air scoop:

Quote:
Volant 185406 cold air intake available now for the 2012-2013 model.just ordered mine for $279

Old 11-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #32
thairannosaurus has a spectacular aura aboutthairannosaurus has a spectacular aura aboutthairannosaurus has a spectacular aura about
Army: Signal LT, 228 CSH (USAR)
Name: Anthony
thairannosaurus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:

Old 11-22-2012, 10:10 PM   #33
SkullTaco2012 has a spectacular aura aboutSkullTaco2012 has a spectacular aura about
SkullTaco2012's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 11-23-2012, 05:13 AM   #34
yrffej is on a distinguished road
yrffej's Tacoma Gallery
regarding CAI.... colder/denser air is always better, performance wise. i've done the math with the help of a drag racing site. a 10* (reduction) change in temperature is only worth a 1% increase in HP. hardly noticable gains for the money and time people are spending....

i have a scangauge, which displays intake air temps. due to heat-soak, sitting in traffic vs freeway driving. under the hood temps can climb. but a few minutes of freeway driving cools everything to ambient temps. i've seen a 2* difference between intake air temp and ambient. our trucks come stock with a CAI, feeding from the wheel well. although a bit restrictive...

those that see/feel increases from adding an aftermarket CAI are experencing better airflow, not lower temp hp increases. your "butt dynos" might make you feel differently but they are hardly accurate.

fwiw, looking at the airaid CAI pic.... it does move the air filter away from the engine, reducing heat-soak, probably... but your feeling better airflow. not lower temps.... the stock 2* difference from ambient temp. is hard to beat.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #35
suthn2 is on a distinguished road
suthn2's Tacoma Gallery
I too called TRD and K&N , which both say there is no ETA at this point of a the 2012-2013. But I did find a Volant 185406 with a scoop for my 2013 Tacoma 4x4..Just thought I would share my findings..
Old 12-10-2012, 07:40 AM   #36
TacosNBurritos is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
TacosNBurritos's Tacoma Gallery
Just called TRD to see if any new news has come forth about the CAI. Nothing :/. It's looking more and more like the URD. I would have gone URD right off the bat but I want to stick to everything Toyota because the dealer gave me a sweet life time warranty on the drive train. Looks like that will become voided. Lol
Old 12-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #37
suthn2 is on a distinguished road
suthn2's Tacoma Gallery
I purchased a Volant 185406 Cold Air Intake for my Tacoma , double cab 4x4, 2013, and so far it has worked great and sounds great as to NOT being loud. I found the best price at, www.NewLevelMotorSports.com, expedited shipping and it was still under 270.00,. Just thought I would share what I found..
Old 04-19-2013, 06:00 AM   #38
yotaroader is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Chaser
yotaroader's Tacoma Gallery
Will a v6 fj's TRD cold air intake fit a v6 tacoma?
Old 04-19-2013, 05:35 PM   #39
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
Not for your truck... I don't know for sure if it'll work on a 05-11 Tacoma.

Your problem is the little air pump that was added in 2012... If you can find a relocation kit for it then you can pretty much use any intake you want.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:26 AM   #40
yotaroader is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Chaser
yotaroader's Tacoma Gallery
Ok... How do you like you TRD intake? I'm thinking
Either a TRD or a K&N one.. What's your suggestion?

Ps.. I'm going to be using it mostly for offering