Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 TRD Cold Air Intake availability

Old 04-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
fafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
fafafahey's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to fafafahey
2012 TRD Cold Air Intake availability

Like many others, I'm still waiting...I called TRD yesterday, talked to Jason, he says there is no ETA.

Anybody hear or know any different?

(FYI There is new emission equipment on 2012's that take up the space where prior year CAI's sit)
Old 04-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #2
grizquad is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
grizquad's Tacoma Gallery
The only place that say they have one for the 2012 is Underdog Racing Development, the only part I dont like about theirs, is you have to modify some sheet metal in the engine compartment. That would worry me with warranty on the truck. The write up on their web site sounds good though.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #3
Haasman is on a distinguished road
Haasman's Tacoma Gallery
I have called several dealers in Northern California and they all say the same thing .... "Don't know when ....."

Anybody heard any news?
Old 05-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Not sure why everyone is in a hurry for something that isn't going to do much. Anyway I agree with Brock.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #5
thairannosaurus has a spectacular aura aboutthairannosaurus has a spectacular aura aboutthairannosaurus has a spectacular aura about
Army: Signal LT, 228 CSH (USAR)
Name: Anthony
thairannosaurus's Tacoma Gallery
my dealership here in san antonio finally got back to me after i sent them a message on the cai and the news definitely wasn't what i wanted. :/ THEIR price for the cold air intake is 475... that's without install. the install would be another 178. i wouldn't need the install but i figured out of curiosity, i'd ask. i was looking forward to getting one but that price would practically be a car payment and the cai isn't worth it at that price.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #6
fafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shedfafafahey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
fafafahey's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to fafafahey
Quote:
Originally Posted by thairannosaurus View Post
my dealership here in san antonio finally got back to me after i sent them a message on the cai and the news definitely wasn't what i wanted. :/ THEIR price for the cold air intake is 475... that's without install. the install would be another 178. i wouldn't need the install but i figured out of curiosity, i'd ask. i was looking forward to getting one but that price would practically be a car payment and the cai isn't worth it at that price.
Soo.....it is available?!?
Old 05-11-2012, 04:31 AM   #7
thairannosaurus has a spectacular aura aboutthairannosaurus has a spectacular aura aboutthairannosaurus has a spectacular aura about
wolfpack: haha right?? 500 bucks is too much for me to jump in headfirst into a pos. i really want the urd but can't bare to cut up my taco.

fafa: yes it is available but just not everywhere. it just seems like toyota did the typical thing and put it where the big markets are. san antonio is a big city so for sure my dealership has it but right now i'm in augusta, ga for BOLC and they don't have them here. at least the two dealerships i called.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:47 AM   #9
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Urd's are awesome. I had one on my 07.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:29 AM   #10
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Harbor freight has a small air saw for real cheap that works very well.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:39 AM   #11
Blueburner is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
Blueburner's Tacoma Gallery
I just recieved mine from AIRAID, I'll be putting it on this afternoon
Old 05-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #12
Next Level Tactical. On FB
Chris Rainero is on a distinguished road

Name: christopher
Chris Rainero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueburner View Post
I just recieved mine from AIRAID, I'll be putting it on this afternoon

Keep us posted on power gain and how it sounds..
Old 05-23-2012, 05:49 AM   #13
Blueburner is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
Blueburner's Tacoma Gallery
It does run a tiny bit better, not much though. When you lean into it, it gets pretty loud, but not anymore than I had expected, having had intakes on other vehicles. My initial observation seems to be that mileage came up a little bit, using the incredibly scientific method of watching the fuel gauge! I will fill up tonight when I get home and fill you guys in.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #15
hey blueburner, how was the install for the airraid? no issues for the '12? i was really looking into that one. left a good impression overall or would you have gone with something else?
Old 05-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #16
Redneck08 is on a distinguished road
Redneck08's Tacoma Gallery
I put a afe intake on my 2012, I could not use the box it came in though so the filter is open. I also moved the air injection thing back about 2 inches or so. It sounds pretty good, don't know if it helped performance much, sounds like it though
Old 05-25-2012, 02:40 PM   #18
124x4taco is on a distinguished road
124x4taco's Tacoma Gallery
AIRAID Part Number 511-312 for the 2012

Looks like it could work, moves the pump out of the way.

Anyone installed it yet? attached installation with pictures.

http://www.airaid.com/ProductDetail....ductID=511-312
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 511-312 Airaid 2012 tacoma V6.pdf (6.43 MB, 213 views)
Old 05-28-2012, 04:59 AM   #20
tpr676 is on a distinguished road

tpr676's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like a lot of work for not much in return, and I also don't believe for a minute the claims of horse power and fuel mileage improvements.