Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

RUGGED FAILS SUCK!!!!!

Old 04-14-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
SPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant future

Air Force: HQ AMC Port Dawg
Name: Jason
SPENCAF's Tacoma Gallery
RUGGED FAILS SUCK!!!!!

So my first time really off road with the new truck new lift and my trusty BFG Rugged Trails "NOT SO MUCH". I had the wife and kids with me scouting out some remote fishing holes at a area strip mine turned over to the DNR. Well we get about 1/2 mile down an access road and we hit some real sticky sloppy mud, all these dame tires did is collect and turn into a big mud pontoon that proceeded to spin. I put her into 4Lo and locked in the the rear locker and it didn't even feel like it made a difference.
My wife was like "I thought you said this thing can go through some shit". All I could say is give me the word and I'll have some new shoes tomorrow". All in all what the hell was BFG thinking when they made these things.
Attached Thumbnails
RUGGED FAILS SUCK!!!!!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1334463123.376514.jpg   RUGGED FAILS SUCK!!!!!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1334463212.465440.jpg  
Old 04-14-2012, 10:20 PM   #2
Banned
4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
The first and only trip on my rugged fails I slashed 3 sidewalls and went and bought some new tires.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:37 PM   #6
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Owner error .
Old 04-14-2012, 10:38 PM   #7
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Some Dunlop AT20s would get through that with no problem.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:54 PM   #9
SPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant future

Air Force: HQ AMC Port Dawg
Name: Jason
SPENCAF's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^ I wasn't stuck just spinning like hell with big clay slick skins under my axles. ATRAC would have done the same thing.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #10
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
At least you get to buy new tires now
Old 04-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #11
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
You need mud tires for the mud. TheY have bigger knobs that help them dig in better. A/t are good most of the time but not all the time.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:35 PM   #12
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
The Rugged Trail is a pretty good highway tire - light, quiet and carries a T speed rating that's matched to the Taco's top speed. Off road? Forgetaboutit.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:40 PM   #13
TacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really nice
Air Force:
TacoLife08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPENCAF View Post
So my first time really off road with the new truck new lift and my trusty BFG Rugged Trails "NOT SO MUCH". I had the wife and kids with me scouting out some remote fishing holes at a area strip mine turned over to the DNR. Well we get about 1/2 mile down an access road and we hit some real sticky sloppy mud, all these dame tires did is collect and turn into a big mud pontoon that proceeded to spin. I put her into 4Lo and locked in the the rear locker and it didn't even feel like it made a difference.
My wife was like "I thought you said this thing can go through some shit". All I could say is give me the word and I'll have some new shoes tomorrow". All in all what the hell was BFG thinking when they made these things.
She pretty much said your p*nis is small ... Ouch!
Old 04-14-2012, 11:42 PM   #14
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
So what kind of tire are you thinking about getting?
Old 04-14-2012, 11:45 PM   #15
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPENCAF View Post
They are called a highway/all-season tire for a reason.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #16
bamma is on a distinguished road

bamma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
they also dry rot fast.............Mine were falling apart at 20K, and had tons of tread left. The rubber compound must be shit on these.
Mine did the same. I was able to get a warranty credit and applied it to some ms2s
Old 04-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #17
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Yes I believe we all know the stock tires suck that is why we change them out.

Use 4wd high for mud. You get more wheel speed and that is important to keep the tire treads clean.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:07 AM   #18
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
traded my rugged fails in at 20k for some D range Duratracs. I did some wild off road trails with the rugged fails (all dry conditions mind you). Quite frankly I was impressed for all the negative things said about them.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:04 AM   #19
2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
2004TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
I have Goodyear Silent Armors on my truck and they seem to do well in mud and everything else I go through, consider going Goodyear, they cost a little more, but wear like no other. Dad has had some type of Wrangler mud tire on his 72 Bronco for like 10 years and they have stood the test of time and still got good lugs.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:06 AM   #20
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
They are called a highway/all-season tire for a reason.
But but but....

They're supposed to be good for Rugged Trails!