Thought I'd post a picture of where I mounted my Prodigy P2 brake controller inside the cab of my 2012 Taco. Looked everywhere and decided here. The extra plug and play cable had to be cut and lengthened to make it work. but that's why God made butt connectors and shrink wrap.
1. Used a good amount of velcro
2. Drilled hole one inch from the top of the compartment
3. Easy access to run the cable
4. The harness hookup is there about 13" above the floor inside the left kick panel.
5. Used the wire from the factory supplied hookup to extend the length of my plug and play harness.