Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How many keys?

Old 04-16-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
Beaver is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Beaver's Tacoma Gallery
How many keys?

I bought a 2012 Tacoma a couple months ago and when I picked it up they couldn't find the keyfobs. I took the 2 keys they gave me and they ordered me new keyfobs. Later I was thinking that every other Toyota I've bought that was relatively new has come with 3 keys. So now I'm wondering how many keys everyone else got with their 2012 Taco.

Thanks
Old 04-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #2
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
3 Keys and 2 fob's.

Edit: Sorry just saw where you asked about how many with 2012. sorry.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #3
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
im down to one key and one fob for my truck
Old 04-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #4
Palehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Palehorse1's Tacoma Gallery
Two master keys with black heads that can be used to program other keys and one valet key with a grey head that can not be used to program other keys and two key fobs as well as the small aluminum key ID tag.

Oh, and welcome to TacomaWorld.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Mine came with 2 keys and fobs. I bought a new Tacoma key after one of mine got caught inbetween the boards on a dock and bent and never had it programmed, if I hold the old bent key next to it while starting it still lets the truck start up.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #6
grhopper is a glorious beacon of lightgrhopper is a glorious beacon of lightgrhopper is a glorious beacon of lightgrhopper is a glorious beacon of lightgrhopper is a glorious beacon of lightgrhopper is a glorious beacon of light
grhopper's Tacoma Gallery
2 keys, 2 key fobs and a plastic emergency key that can be kept on a wallet.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Two standard keys & two fob w/ my 2012
Old 04-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #8
TRDSport12 is on a distinguished road

Royal Canadian Air Force: CME
TRDSport12's Tacoma Gallery
2 keys 2 fobs, the dealer kept the key tag
Old 04-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #9
Ga tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rudy
Ga tacoguy's Tacoma Gallery
I got a 12 with a 4 banger, so it came with 2 keys and 2 fobs and the ID tag for making more keys. The 4 Cylinder models do not get the immobilizer chip keys. This is both good and bad, the good is that a replacement key can be made anywhere by anybody. The bad is that our trucks can be stolen very easily without the immobilizer chip system. It is a cheap ass company that cuts out the security system to prevent our trucks from being stolen, just to save some money.
The V-6 models all get the immobilizer system, as our trucks are not work stealing.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #10
mcdee is a jewel in the roughmcdee is a jewel in the roughmcdee is a jewel in the rough
Name: mike
mcdee's Tacoma Gallery
2012 DCSB- 2 keys, 2 fobs, and the aluminum ID tag.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #11
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdee View Post
+1
Old 04-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #12
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Fobs? What are these fobs you guys with your luxury pickemup trucks are speaking of?

Did just get a spare to hide away after one too many lockouts though.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #13
Doc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doc
Doc35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
+2
Old 04-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #14
F34R is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
F34R's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Same all the way around here.