1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New 3" lift

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Fosk, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Apr 16, 2012 at 3:05 PM
    Fosk

Fosk [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Hey. I got my 2011 DCSB Sport a few months ago, time to lift it.

I am considering , the adjustable billies, but am weary -
    is there a better or equally performing option that is cheaper or roughly the same price? There seems to be so many different options I want to be sure I get the best bang for the buck, you know.

Amplifying info - I have a WARN 9.5ti winch sitting in my garage that came off of my Tahoe. I plan to eventually mount that, haven't figured out how I am going to do that yet. Knowing this, will the Eibach springs on that lift be enough to keep the front from sagging? or will I need to go to something like OME 885s? If that is the case, it looks like I will have to go with a different lift combination.

Thanks

2. Apr 16, 2012 at 3:14 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    1: you want a lift, arguably adjustable 5100s are the best bang for your buck

2: you have a winch, there's a few options here. You can install an undercover hidden winch mount system, use a plated bumper or rig up something your own way. 885s would be a good setup in conjunction with the 5100s, there are also 886s which are ideal for your situation (double cab & a winch) but I've heard plenty of complaints with that setup so people usually use 885s and a 1/4" strut spacer. Depending on what you want to do, my suggestion is 886s, bilstein 5100s & a plate bumper. Do it right the first time.

3. Apr 16, 2012 at 3:25 PM
    tacoma16

tacoma16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Double cab SR5 4x4
    why dont you get the full ome kit? there pretty close in price and you wont have to preload your shocks or anything. Really the only you have to deal with is whether you want the 885 or the 886's.

4. Apr 16, 2012 at 3:28 PM
    tacoma16

tacoma16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Double cab SR5 4x4
    the type of coils you use is based on whether or not you decide to do a full time winch (vs a hitch mounted one) with a plate bumper

if not just run the billis and save the $100. You may want to budget for UCA's as well just in case you cant getyour alignment right

5. Apr 16, 2012 at 4:43 PM
    Fosk

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I am liking that full OME setup as well, with the 885s. The top plate spacer is required to get a full 3" on a DC, correct? Also, when it references the "OME trim spacer for a level front", is it talking about the driver side spacer to combat the "taco lean"?

The lift i'm talking about is .

I like this option because it seems to include everything except new UCAs.

Considering the Winch, I was thinking about just getting a front receiver-type mount but the one that CBI makes is almost as expensive as just getting a new bumper like an Allpro, so I am still researching that.

6. Apr 16, 2012 at 4:48 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    The OME trim packer is used with OME shocks to combat taco lean .

If you are going to get an aftermarket steel bumper and winch you may want to consider the 886 coils which will give you 3" of lift

7. Apr 16, 2012 at 6:30 PM
    64Wildcat

64Wildcat Black Jeep of the family

Member:
    First Name:
    Denis
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2015 Rubicon
    Just installed the OME kit last week with Light Racing UCA's[​IMG]

8. Apr 16, 2012 at 7:19 PM
    Fosk

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Is there any benefit the OME kit has over the 5100s w/ 885 OME springs and 2" AALs? They seem like identical set ups to me, but I am no expert.

Products Discussed in

To Top