Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 TRD Supercharger/CAI

Old 04-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
tackytaco is on a distinguished road

tackytaco's Tacoma Gallery
2012 TRD Supercharger/CAI

Hi All,

I've seen a few posts about this, but wanted to see if anyone has been able to get their hands on either. I've called quite a few dealerships and it's always "Check back in a month". The accessories catalog says "Winter 2012" when I went by the local stealership the other day .... Anyone else with a clue??
Old 04-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
URD carries a tCAI for the 2012, only one that fits as far as I know
Old 04-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
Vito Corleone is on a distinguished road

Vito Corleone's Tacoma Gallery
I work for a Toyota dealer and have also been patiently waiting for the fit kit to be released for the 2012 Tacoma as I purchased one last October. I have been checking the parts warehouse every day and as of today, the parts were still unavilable. I have contacted TRD numerous times and have gotten nowhere. IMO, Toyota has really mishandled this entire situation. This truck has been out for over 6 months now. All Toyota has offered are excuses as to why the parts are still unavilable. First, it was CARB ratings, then emissions labels, and now the latest excuse is hood brackets and still no ETA. I fully understand that R & D has to take place before new products can be released for sale to the public and that it takes both time and money but almost 7 months have gone by since this truck was released. The truck has been advertised as having an available supercharger which in fact is false advertising since it is not available. With that said, I will continue to wait like many others and will purchase the supercharger if/when it becomes reality.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
Tiip10 is on a distinguished road
Tiip10's Tacoma Gallery
I called TRD yesterday and got the excuse of it's not available right now but it might be in the works. My only suggestion is for others to call and let them know this is a wanted product. I'm disappointed it would take so long and it would not surprise me if the 2011 version fit on the 2012's.

Regarding the TRD S/C there is finally a fit kit for it.