Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

A/C PROBLEM RECIRCULATING BUTTON

Old 04-17-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
1SolidTaco is on a distinguished road
1SolidTaco's Tacoma Gallery
A/C PROBLEM RECIRCULATING BUTTON

GOT A 2005 TACOMA DOUBLE CAB W/77000 MILES, WHEN THE TRUCK IS ON, I TURN THE A/C ON WITH THE RECIRCULATING BUTTON ON, THERES A LOUD TAPPING NOISE COMING FROM BEHIND THE GLOVE BOX. THE NOISE STOPS WHEN YOU TURN OFF THE RECIRCULATING BUTTON...DOES ANYONE KNOW WHATS THE PROBLEM?..PLEASE HELP THANKS
Old 10-20-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
Desertninja is on a distinguished road
Desertninja's Tacoma Gallery
Hello, i was wondering if you found a solution to your problem, because my 2009 taco started doing this today. Im thinking its the air mix servo. Its faily easy to remove, i took mine out but i couldnt get it apart.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
Dr. Jim is on a distinguished road
Dr. Jim's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2005 double cab with the same issue...

Where do I find the air mix servo? Can the AC run without the servo attached to verify the issue has been resolved?
Old 10-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #4
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds a lot like what happened to my 2008 Rabbit. The little motor that opens and closes the circulation flap had plastic gears on it that got jammed and was causing the motor to slip and cause the sound. Not sure where it is on the Tacoma, but it's likely to be the same issue.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #5
Desertninja is on a distinguished road
Desertninja's Tacoma Gallery
Dr. Jim, if you remove your glove compartment, the fresh air servo is on the left side of the blower motor. I did some research and i think what happens is that the motors travel distance is not being regulated due to some copper contacts inside not making contact. I pulled my motor off and plugged it in and i just kept spinning around and around. So even though the baffles are closed the motor just keeps going trying to keep closing the baffles. This is where the noise comes from. The only way i will know for sure is to replace the servo.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #6
Senior Member. HA. I'm not a senior. I'm young...
Nunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
Nunavut's Tacoma Gallery
DID YOUR MOTHER EVER TEACH YOU WHAT THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS FOR?
Old 10-22-2012, 11:02 AM   #7
Dr. Jim is on a distinguished road
Dr. Jim's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Desertninja - I appreciate the help...
Old 10-22-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
Spruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruced UP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: '90-96
Name: Eric
Spruced UP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunavut View Post
DID YOUR MOTHER EVER TEACH YOU WHAT THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS FOR?
Maybe that's why no one responded to this thread, way back then...
Old 10-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #9
Senior Member. HA. I'm not a senior. I'm young...
Nunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
Nunavut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spruced UP View Post
Maybe that's why no one responded to this thread, way back then...
I didn't realize this was such an old thread...