Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Trade me a 2012 black grille for a chrome grille

Old 04-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
Boulder Taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Pete
Boulder Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Trade me a 2012 black grille for a chrome grille

Just bought a 2012 TRD Off-Road with a chrome grille. I want a black grille from the Sport models. Even swap! Willing to ship!
Let me nkow if anyone can help. Attached is a pic of mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Trade me a 2012 black grille for a chrome grille-taco-1.jpg  
Old 04-17-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck with the trade. Might want to look into painting or another option because like you most people that have chrome are looking to ditch it vs people with color matched looking for chrome.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:29 AM   #3

Yeah I see that! To me the black is so much better, especially if your working on blacking out your truck I painted my sliders and light bar, as well as my Tacoma badges. I haven't put them on yet, but they came out pretty sharp. I am a little hesitant on painting the grill beacuse of the rocks kicking up and constantly dinging the paint. But I guess I can keep touching it up. Do you have any better ideas !?!
Thanks
Old 04-18-2012, 07:36 AM   #4
Rotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud of

Rotorpilot's Tacoma Gallery
I disagree-
someone will come along that has a black grill & say to themselves "I wish I had that chrome grill instead of this black one"
I would if mine wasnt already chrome.
to each his own.
unless you just cant wait...patience will pay off.
jmho
Old 04-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #5
drsus is on a distinguished road

drsus's Tacoma Gallery
i was on the same boat...gave up, shelled out the $250 for one from dealer, fuckit

chrome grille for sale!!!! like new!
Old 04-19-2012, 07:21 AM   #6

Waiting is probably the right move for people that have patience. But that's not me. I'll wait a little while longer, then will most likely paint it first, then if it doesn't turn out the way I want, shell out the $275. Just got a quote from the dealer in my town. Pricey peice of plastic!
Old 04-19-2012, 07:51 AM   #7
drsus is on a distinguished road

drsus's Tacoma Gallery
i thought it was pretty fair considering . Its the whole front unit, not just the chrome part. rubber stripping, emblem and all the little snappy doo dads.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #8
StickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
StickShifty's Tacoma Gallery
if you cant get anyone your better off sanding it down, prime, paint, and clear coat it.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/auto_paint.asp

i have used that site in the past, good quality paint.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:37 AM   #9
sonocotaco is on a distinguished road
Name: ken
sonocotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorpilot View Post
I disagree-
someone will come along that has a black grill & say to themselves "I wish I had that chrome grill instead of this black one"
I would if mine wasnt already chrome.
to each his own.
unless you just cant wait...patience will pay off.
jmho
You'll be waiting a long time
Old 04-21-2012, 07:20 AM   #10
Ga tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rudy
Ga tacoguy's Tacoma Gallery
I ran across this guy's post and I don't know if it what you want. I sent him a link to your page and maybe you can see if it is what you can use.
Good Luck.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post4961301
Old 04-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #11
TimR is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
TimR's Tacoma Gallery
I just sprayed plasti-dip on my chrome grill and it looks good. $15 for a can.

I'd rather have it colour matched, but with my black sand pearl, it looks bad ass IMHO.

The plasti dip won't chip and can last a long time. The best part- if you want to remove it, it just peels off!
Old 04-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #12
pdrunk is on a distinguished road
pdrunk's Tacoma Gallery
I'll second the plastidip, if only because it is cheap and reversable. Don't know how it will match up to stock black paint though.

Here's a pic of my plastiderped chrome surround. Pay no attention to my bug collection.

Old 04-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #13
Rotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud of

Rotorpilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga tacoguy View Post
I ran across this guy's post and I don't know if it what you want. I sent him a link to your page and maybe you can see if it is what you can use.
Good Luck.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post4961301

BOOM !! - sonocotaco
lol
Thanks for getting my back Ga tacoguy!

I personally like the chrome better.
not a big fan of the black emblems/de-badging group
Old 04-22-2012, 07:28 PM   #14
TimR's Tacoma Gallery
plasti dip:
Old 04-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #15
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Good to see another guy from Boulder on here!!
Old 04-22-2012, 07:47 PM   #16
TimR's Tacoma Gallery
rear bumper done in plasti-dip
Old 04-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #17

Black Grill

Just painted my grill. Love the plasti dip bumber. Next on the list for sure. Thanks for the help!!

Trade me a 2012 black grille for a chrome grille-grill.jpg

Trade me a 2012 black grille for a chrome grille-grill-2.jpg
Old 04-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #18
TimR's Tacoma Gallery
sweet, looks good!

so easy and cheap, gotta love it!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #19

On a scale from 1 to 10, how difficult was it to take off the bumper and re-install? Its a must, I'm not a fan of the chrome bumper.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #20

Tim,
How did you do your rims?