Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

A.R.E Camper Shell

Old 04-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
SC Redfisher is on a distinguished road
Navy: Submarines
SC Redfisher's Tacoma Gallery
A.R.E Camper Shell

Found a great deal on a almost new A.R.E Camper Shell. Talked with the owner on the phone and he wasent very knowledgeable on how its attached to the bed. He indicated that the dealer installed it for him. My question is how is a camper shell attached to the Tacoma composite bed?
Old 04-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
This is how my ARE attaches to my 2007. I'm assuming yours would be similar but can't be sure. Mine is an ARE MX series and is a 2006 shell. It uses the track system but doesn't completely block it off. My D-rings still still attach to the rails. There's a threaded nut that fits in the track that the bolt you see below attaches to.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #4
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Pugga and i have the same system. it works well.

pugga, does your top leak in the front corners? (sorry for the hijack)
Old 04-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
First class awesome
CrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
CrackerJackMack's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to CrackerJackMack
I've owned two A.R.E camper shells (two different tacomas) the "old" style according to my vendor is like puggas. The new style is like elk340's with the clamps (though I only have 4 with a dblcab shortbed).

You'll need some additional hardware such as a rubber strip on the front of the bed to help prevent water leaks. And the quick disconnect is a must.

btw, they look super clean debadged
Old 04-18-2012, 12:05 AM   #6
the logical one
fixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
fixer5000's Tacoma Gallery
ive got the z series on mine. 4 clamps attached to the bed rails. wiring disconnects also