Notices

Texas Edition 2012 Tacoma

Old 04-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
Tacoma Addict
Nubes has a spectacular aura aboutNubes has a spectacular aura about

Name: Chris
Nubes's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Texas Edition 2012 Tacoma

My coworker just picked up her Texas Edition on Sunday. She is really excited about having it and asked me why she even bothered to buy her RAV4 first lol. Anyway I had never heard/seen of a Texas Edition Tacoma before so she let me snap a couple of pics and said I could share them with you fine folks.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
I believe the TX and TX Pro were both "Texas edition" trucks. Then I think they came out with the actual Texas Edition for 2012 which is just an SR5 with those sexy rims...that I really want...
Old 04-18-2012, 12:53 PM   #3
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
I believe the TX and TX Pro were both "Texas edition" trucks. Then I think they came out with the actual Texas Edition for 2012 which is just an SR5 with those sexy rims...that I really want...
they have always had a texas edition, i have o co worker with a 04 that has tx edition. i believe it started in 03. but the wheels used to look like this :

Old 04-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #4
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxRome View Post
they have always had a texas edition, i have o co worker with a 04 that has tx edition. i believe it started in 03. but the wheels used to look like this :

Really? I didn't know that...Never heard of them until I saw something on here about their release for 2012.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxRome View Post

^this, there are several 2nd gen tx edition's around here. The only difference I can see is that they have a texas badge and 20" wheels. Some even have unpainted fenders like the base models..
Old 04-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #6
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Really? I didn't know that...Never heard of them until I saw something on here about their release for 2012.
yeah its just a gimmick to get people to pay more, the only difference is the wheels and badges
Old 04-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #7
adrstout is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
adrstout's Tacoma Gallery
Everyone who makes a truck pretty much makes a Texas or Lonestar edition. I found this out when I went to San Antonio for a week about a year and a half ago. I found it to be quite strange but it makes sense for marketing. Most of the TX packages appear to be nothing more than badges, rims, and cosmetic differences at most.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #8
adrstout is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
adrstout's Tacoma Gallery
I may be wrong in some cases. If I am, I'm sure someone will correct me.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #9
Houston's Swamp Rat

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
you are right, silverado, f series and ram all have a texas edition
Old 04-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #10
Tacoma Addict
Nubes has a spectacular aura aboutNubes has a spectacular aura about

Name: Chris
Nubes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
+1 on the wheels lol, but yea everyone and their dog makes a Texas Edition just never seen the Tacoma one before now.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:11 PM   #11
Rotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud of

Rotorpilot's Tacoma Gallery
what about a Georgia edition?
maybe a Peach emblem & Peaches embroidered into the floor mats
Old 04-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #12
Houston's Swamp Rat

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorpilot View Post
Old 04-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #13
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrstout View Post
Everyone who makes a truck pretty much makes a Texas or Lonestar edition. I found this out when I went to San Antonio for a week about a year and a half ago. I found it to be quite strange but it makes sense for marketing. Most of the TX packages appear to be nothing more than badges, rims, and cosmetic differences at most.
I think it has something to do with Texans misplaced... er, 'unique' sense of pride.

JK It's just marketing. They know there is a large population of people who will pay $3k more for different wheels, floormats, and some extra emblems.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #14
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Lol. It's a texas thing, it makes the average Texan think he's special... I'd put one of those Texas emblems on my tailgate if I could find one though.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #15
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
Generally dealers have accessory guys who come to the lots and do this stuff. Or they work with the dealer to do the badging and the dealer does the rims. Either way, it's a great way for the dealer to add $1000 worth of rims, and charge $3000 for them.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #16
lickem66 is on a distinguished road
lickem66's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorpilot View Post
I wonder if the Nevada (Vegas) edition has 2 "peaches"..?
Old 06-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #17
Aggiesdm has a spectacular aura aboutAggiesdm has a spectacular aura about
Aggiesdm's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody know what kind of rims are on the pictured TX edition Taco? There is one in my neighborhood and I really like the way they look.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #18
sonocotaco is on a distinguished road
Name: ken
sonocotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Or the California edition with no tailgate and catalytic convertor.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:20 AM   #19
speedracercjr is a jewel in the roughspeedracercjr is a jewel in the roughspeedracercjr is a jewel in the roughspeedracercjr is a jewel in the rough

speedracercjr's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know where you can purchase that badge for the tailgate?
Old 06-12-2012, 05:01 AM   #20
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracercjr View Post
Anyone know where you can purchase that badge for the tailgate?
Wait til someone debadges and buy theirs if you're patient.