Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

In Dash Flip Up CD/DVD Player for a 2006 Tacoma

Old 12-20-2008, 08:30 AM   #1
duke598 is on a distinguished road

duke598's Tacoma Gallery
In Dash Flip Up CD/DVD Player for a 2006 Tacoma

Hello again TW,
I was just wondering if anyone can tell me what In Dash Flip Up CD/DVD Player would fit a 2nd gen. tacoma.
If you have any pics, that would be great.
I'm looking for one around 500$
I found this one right here http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846 and I need to know if it will fit.
It would help a lot to let me know what kind you all have and what you think about it.

Thanks
Old 12-20-2008, 08:38 AM   #2
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Crutchfield.com They know what stereos fit the truck if you type in the year make and model.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:41 AM   #3
lower management
trtripoli is on a distinguished road

trtripoli's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to trtripoli
It fits. You just need to get a single din dash kit. runs around 40 bucks or so.. You can get it from tacotunes and it comes with a harness too. I recommend getting the metra kit, matches better than the scosche one that taco tunes sells. people on here are trying to selling them fairly often.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:44 AM   #4
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
make sure u get a kenwood
Old 12-20-2008, 09:03 AM   #5
bluecluee is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
bluecluee's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a reason you don't want a double din sized one? They look great in the 2nd generation.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:05 PM   #6
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
This is my Alpine I got on Crutchfield. It came with a dash kit that fit great. You had to do a little trimming on the piece that makes the radio fit to the dash kit but other than that it was great. I love it. Alpine IVA-W505.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:07 PM   #7
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke598 View Post
Hello again TW,
I was just wondering if anyone can tell me what In Dash Flip Up CD/DVD Player would fit a 2nd gen. tacoma.
If you have any pics, that would be great.
I'm looking for one around 500$
I found this one right here http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846 and I need to know if it will fit.
It would help a lot to let me know what kind you all have and what you think about it.

Thanks
Oh my bad. If want a flip up DVD Receiver you want a double din kit. When the radio isn't flipped up it fits in one slot.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:02 PM   #8
HOT!!
hillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
hillbillytaco's Tacoma Gallery
I want your radio soco
Old 12-21-2008, 08:14 AM   #9
duke598 is on a distinguished road

duke598's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
Oh my bad. If want a flip up DVD Receiver you want a double din kit. When the radio isn't flipped up it fits in one slot.
I decided the 2 din are better looking than a flip up, so I'm gonna go for the 2 din, what do you think about this one?
http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-P4...9875856&sr=1-1

What all would I need to purchase with it? I've never done this before, so bear with me.

Thanks
Old 12-21-2008, 08:18 AM   #10
Mz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to behold

Mz_TazComa's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mz_TazComa
I like the 2 din better too. If the mechanism ever goes on the flip-up, you're screwed.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:23 AM   #11
The Gunslinger
TacoNH has a spectacular aura aboutTacoNH has a spectacular aura about

Name: Cody
TacoNH's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I could afford a nice Alpine, if I do upgrade from my stock radio, I'll probably get a single din dash kit, and a decent receiver. Hows the process of removing the old and installing the new? I've done a few radios in my day, but something tells me it's not going to be that easy?
Old 12-21-2008, 03:58 PM   #12
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNH View Post
I wish I could afford a nice Alpine, if I do upgrade from my stock radio, I'll probably get a single din dash kit, and a decent receiver. Hows the process of removing the old and installing the new? I've done a few radios in my day, but something tells me it's not going to be that easy?
It's pretty easy actually. Here's a step-by-step courtesy of Tacotunes
Old 12-21-2008, 05:09 PM   #13
DJ@LLX is on a distinguished road

Army: 203rd Trans Bat
DJ@LLX's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Alpine 205 install on my MR2, since i will be selling it soon i am thinking putting it in my Tacoma in spring.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:16 PM   #14
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillytaco View Post
I want your radio soco
I'll take that as a compliment. Just got the nav system to go with it so no more getting lost in Washington DC
Old 12-21-2008, 07:19 PM   #15
HOT!!
hillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
hillbillytaco's Tacoma Gallery
it is maybe ho-ho will bring me one
Old 01-06-2009, 10:22 AM   #18
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
Quote:
Originally Posted by trtripoli View Post
It fits. You just need to get a single din dash kit. runs around 40 bucks or so.. You can get it from tacotunes and it comes with a harness too. I recommend getting the metra kit, matches better than the scosche one that taco tunes sells. people on here are trying to selling them fairly often.

sorry about bringing up an old topic, but i bought the metra kit and my stereo does look crooked.. its cheap looking and the stereo sticks out a bit too far. What is everyone's take on the scosche vs. metra kits? I'm thinking of buying a scosche kit on ebay (theyre goin for about $26) but i'd rather not waste the money and time if it's pointless.

The metra kit uses your stock stereo's existing brackets, whereas the scosche kit has its own - which seems like it would solve the crooked/sticking out issue.. but everything seems cheaper plastic.. i'm torn.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #19
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
I used a scosche with my double din pioneer and it looks good and fits good. only issue is on the top trim piece is a little flemsy
Old 01-06-2009, 07:30 PM   #20
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
yeah, my whole thing is flimsy.. so i guess thats already an improvement. SO with yours, you can control the depth of the stereo (so its a bit more sunkin in..)?

ladies like it when you can control depth (sorry, had to do it)

haha!