1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to milk this? Advise

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DunhamAll, Apr 20, 2012.

?

What do do with this dipshit?

Poll closed May 20, 2012.
  1. take my deposit and settle on a different truck/ different dealer.

81 vote(s)
    63.8%
  2. Ask for $500-$1000 off the price.

19 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. Consult with other dealers to arrange a trade for my truck. (take my deposit back)

11 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. Ask for them to throw in all weather mats, bed mat, other goodies, and what?

7 vote(s)
    5.5%
  5. Other suggestions (outside of fire bombing the dealership).

9 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Apr 20, 2012 at 4:30 PM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    I agree. You did say the guy apologized, right? Yeah maybe he's being a dick. But why's he being a dick? Maybe his wife is sick. Maybe he's had a bad week since the other guy quit. Maybe he's not making a dime on the sale (commission probably retroactively goes to the guy who quit). It doesn't excuse his behavior. But there's always more to the story than we know.

If you have concerns, by all means sit down with the sales manager and share with them before you sign off. Feel him/her out. See what they have to say. If it doesn't feel right, get your money back (if you can) and walk. But don't be a dick in return. That won't solve anything. Going in hot, and demanding free stuff or more money off isn't going to go well for you, and is only going to escalate the situation further.

2. Apr 20, 2012 at 5:01 PM
    elmo7

elmo7 Easily Replaceable Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD OR 4x4
    If you can't put on a pretty face, then GTFO of sales, I'd say. You're not there to try to diagnose his family life and issues. We all have em. I have shit going sideways on me right now and it's a big PITA, yet I went to work and acted like a professional. They don't pay me for tantrums. If my day is that bad, there's always PTO.

A salesman who's about to part you with $30k should be your best friend. After all, he needs your friends to come see him too.

I've walked out on less and felt good about it too. It's even sweeter when they call the next day and promise to treat you right, while you have already cut another deal. :D

3. Apr 20, 2012 at 5:02 PM
    WRGADOG

WRGADOG Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner, TRD Sport Pkg
    No salesperson should treat customers this poorly.

4. Apr 20, 2012 at 5:16 PM
    tacobert

tacobert Active Member

Member:
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB TRD Offroad
    i would walk. Even if I had to spend $500 more elsewhere. The look on their faces as you take your deposit back would be worth it. I certainly wouldn't trust them post sales if you have issues with the truck.

If you really like this config then wait for another one. It's not like they are rare trucks.

5. Apr 20, 2012 at 5:24 PM
    Captarm

Captarm Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Armand
    Maine and Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 Silver/Black, Tinted windows
    Leather Arm Rest Firestone Ride-rite K&N oil air Filter Wet Okole Black/Gray w heated seats Alpine CDE-123 receiver w Blue tooth,MP3,USB port AP Rock-sliders Viper Auto starter, should have gotten with alarm Anytime Fogs NOKYA7626 yellow lights Muth Heated, Signal Mirror Leer Cap Silver stream line top Differential Breather Mod
    Go some place else. I walked out when a salesman tried to sell me a sr5 as a TRD, had no idea what he was selling, walked out went someplace else for a better deal

6. Apr 20, 2012 at 5:39 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Can people not think for themselves anymore ?

7. Apr 20, 2012 at 5:40 PM
    DrewH

DrewH Well-Known Member

Member:
    x2

8. Apr 20, 2012 at 5:42 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    lol

You are lecturing me about treating TW like Facebook ?

9. Apr 20, 2012 at 5:44 PM
    DrewH

DrewH Well-Known Member

Member:
    I can you count potato

10. Apr 20, 2012 at 5:47 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Whatever

Good luck in what ever decision you and everybody else reach OP

11. Apr 20, 2012 at 6:25 PM
    VolcomTacoma

VolcomTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 6 Speed Supercharged
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    I hate to agree...but, This^

12. Apr 20, 2012 at 6:27 PM
    wrxRome

wrxRome Houston's Swamp Rat

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Covington, LA/Friendswood,TX
    Vehicle:
    06 SWB 4x4 trd off road
    fuck it, go with fire bomb

13. Apr 20, 2012 at 6:29 PM
    steviestyles

steviestyles The "Search" tab is your friend!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    What's it worth to you OP? I thought when you put a deposit down on a special order vehicle, you forfeit that if you back out of the deal at no fault of the dealer.

With that, if that is the case, if it's worth you throwing away $500 over principal, then I would say go to another dealer. Go to the dealer tomorrow and ask to speak with the sales manager and explain the circumstances. If they are interested in rectifying the wrong, they will offer you concessions. I would not walk in there demanding "free stuff" that could make the situation worse. In the meantime, I know you are anxiously awaiting the arrival of your truck. Ask the dealer to loan you a Tacoma on the lot in the meantime and be patient. If you're tired of waiting, ask for your $500 deposit back in good faith, spend it on a flight to the closest state that has the truck you want and enjoy the road trip back.

14. Apr 20, 2012 at 6:32 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    If the truck is actually a special order / rarity in your region , isn't the OP going to be on a waiting list again at another dealer ?

15. Apr 20, 2012 at 7:17 PM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner 2018 RAM 2500 mega cab
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    I believe for $500 he could fly out of his region to one that normally stocks the truck he wants. I walked on buying mine cause the asshat tried to sell me an sr5 for $35,000. WTF? I could have gotten a nice sport or off road for that price. I say walk. Salesman (1st) called me a back the day after I bought mine and wanted to know if I wanted to come back in and talk. I told him I purchased one already from a dealer that didn't want to play games. I told him when I walked in "you have one chance to sell me this truck or I walk". He obviously didn't believe me. When I'm buying a truck I'm out for me, screw them. They could care less about you after the sale.

16. Apr 20, 2012 at 7:30 PM
    BuckWells

BuckWells Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Wichita, Kansas
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Offroad
    painted badges, sockmonkey decals, CHLM, bed light mod, 20% tint, color match grille
    poop in bag. place on salesman's desk. light on fire.

17. Apr 20, 2012 at 7:35 PM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner 2018 RAM 2500 mega cab
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    Yeah they were worried about it then. They send me a survey to see why I went elsewhere and everything. I told it to them just like I did up there. When someone tells you that you have one chance, you better believe them. I even had the sales manager call me. Now they send me discount coupons all the time to come in there dealership to get my services done. lol

18. Apr 20, 2012 at 7:43 PM
    MartyMcfly

MartyMcfly Time Traveler

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pahrump Nevada
    Vehicle:
    15' 4runner Limited 4wd
    see Build page for details.
    Ready for the master plan? :devil:

This might cost you a few dollars, but totally worth it:

Wait till the truck arrives at the dealership. When they call, cancel the order over the phone, and be sure to tell them that they were a 1/2 hour too late. You just bought another truck at another dealer 30 minutes ago. And to rub it in, tell them it was a Ford.
    After cancelling, call another dealer in an other city that doesn't have that exact model and tell them you're interested in that vehicle at the other dealer. The dealer in the other city will call the first dealer and ask to do a trade. They do this a lot. Next, buy the truck at the other dealer, then drive back over to the first dealer with your new truck and tell those douche bags to go fuck themselves.:D

19. Apr 20, 2012 at 7:44 PM
    VolcomTacoma

VolcomTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 6 Speed Supercharged
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    Bahahah ^ this! :spy: then Firebomb the place...

20. Apr 20, 2012 at 8:11 PM
    wrxRome

wrxRome Houston's Swamp Rat

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Covington, LA/Friendswood,TX
    Vehicle:
    06 SWB 4x4 trd off road
    true

Products Discussed in

To Top